Apdriver

Mold Storage

So I'm running out of room on my little rack where I keep my lead and soft plastic molds. I'd like to see what others are doing storing their molds. There's gotta be a better way and I stink at organization. So take a pic and post it up. Let's see it. Instructional thread. Thanks in advance.

That's what I have Kevin. Something similar. Just running out of room and wanted to try something more creative. Thought one of these really talented guys around here may have a slick novel solution. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

I have all of mine on a table and they're all jumbled together in one big stack haha. I have what each mold is written in sharpie, usually on more than one surface. If you've ever bought a mold from me you know this to be true hah!

LOL, I think I have and carry on your tradition.

I found an old 6'x8'  book shelf sitting beside a bunch of trash cans on trash day in Greensboro, and threw the shelf in the bed of my truck.  I cut off the bottom and mounted it to the wall above my microwave.

I use the shelves for plastic molds, colorants, flake and additives.  I drove nails in the face of the shelf boards and hang my lead molds from those.

There's a bunch of everything from bone saws to plastic welders for my kayak on it too, but it's predominantly for baitmaking.

Honestly, most of my storage is someone else's junk I repurposed.  My paint and solvent locker is a freezer that was hit by lightning.  It's airtight, and has a lock to keep the kids out.  I'll try to upload a picture of the shelf later.  

• Like 1