FATFLATTIE

Bait Junkies Degassed Plastisol

Just a few questions about the plastic. I have been using the essential series since I started and was very impressed....was. The last two 2.5gal batches I purchased bubble like crazy and I was just looking for an alternative. How does the medium bait junkies compare to the essential series in regards to softness? Also does it have problems with hard packing and if so how do youmix it in those bottles with the small opening? I know this is a bunch of newbie questions but I'm just tired of dealing with a crap load of micro bubbles especially in "clearer" colors. Thanks in advance guys.

Edited by FATFLATTIE

I haven't had any problems with Baitjunkys products , any of them . Any way If I have problems It's my ADD or just plain dumb . Most of the products out there are pretty good generally . Each has a characteristic that may not be acceptable to any given person . Just got to try them till your happy .

• Like 2

I have Baitjunky's medium and it works good for me. As far as mixing I understand what you mean. I added stainless nuts to my plastisol and colorants. The larger the container the larger the nuts. For the 2.5 gallon container I added a stainless 1/4" bolt (1" long) with two nuts. I bought them at Home Depot. You could also buy stainless steel balls on Amazon and get any size you need.

• Like 2

Baitjunkys plastic doesn't hard pack and I have used it for three,four years. It will settle as any liquid with solubles will, but will mix just by rotating the bottle. No hard shaking necessary. I haven't experienced hard packing at all. My opinion is its a pretty good value in plastisol. Takes multiple micro reheats without burning.

• Like 2

i used degassed medium from leonard, he breaks it down into individual gallons and its always mixed properly. i tried the essential series and had crazy bubbles, degassed is worth it IMO

his new gallons have a large opening but i just pour them into a smaller jug thats easier to pour into my pyrex cups.

• Like 2

Bought the non de gassed plastic from b.j  more than once and I use microwaves and never had problem with bubbles.I like his plastic also

And watch sometimes he has  unbeatable  killer deals on it. If i couldn't  get my regularsoft or medium  chemionics plastic,  i would buy Baitjunky's plastic all the time.

• Like 1

Bought the non de gassed plastic from b.j  more than once and I use microwaves and never had problem with bubbles.I like his plastic also

And watch sometimes he has  unbeatable  killer deals on it. If i couldn't  get my regularsoft or medium  chemionics plastic,  i would buy Baitjunky's plastic all the time.

My last 55 gallon order of Chemionics bubbled like crazy after 3 months of storage

Just a few questions about the plastic. I have been using the essential series since I started and was very impressed....was. The last two 2.5gal batches I purchased bubble like crazy and I was just looking for an alternative. How does the medium bait junkies compare to the essential series in regards to softness? Also does it have problems with hard packing and if so how do youmix it in those bottles with the small opening? I know this is a bunch of newbie questions but I'm just tired of dealing with a crap load of micro bubbles especially in "clearer" colors. Thanks in advance guys.

The first do-it plastisol I bought was the crystal clear it was bad as it would turn yellow when making  clear and white baits I tried everything called them and he sent me a gallon of the essential plastisol it was great no yellow good all around so I ordered 2 1/2 gallons it has bubbles like u would not believe and I have to be very careful or it will yellow don't know what is going on but I switched to bait junkie the first gallon has been great when I first open it had no bubbles but as I shake it before I use, now it is starting to have more bubbles not excessive. Have not had any yellowing. I may build me a vacuum chamber to degass my plastisol as I already have a vacuum pump for a/c that would work. I am not bashing the do-it plastisol but fact are facts it is a good bait once made tough and holds up good, dark colors are no problem u have to work with it to get light color baits and work around the bubbles by going deeper in the cup with the injector. I can work around most problems but when u can heat and shoot with no problems that is the way I am going. Cub48

As the Baitjunkys plastic does not hard pack, really no reason to shake the snot out of it. It will stratify but all you need to do is gently rock it back and forth til it mixes. Shaking it excessively only introduces bubbles and air back into a liquid that was already degassed. I do this all the time with this plastic and it just works....No micro bubbles. I think this technique will help in keeping your plastic bubble free.

• Like 1

It's the same with the Do-it essential plastic all you need to do is rotate the box a few times. If you shake the heck out of it you will get bubbles. If you are gentle with it not so bad. I am thinking of trying baitjunkys next time he has a deal just to see the difference 1st hand. I only buy Do-it because I can stop on my way home from work and not pay shipping.

What if left in unheated garage? Will it hurt it? Thanks

I'm pretty sure that it won't, Les. I believe I saw where the freezing point of plastisol is really, really cold. Colder than you will ever see in Kentucky. I would try to bring my jug in the house the night before I wanted to shoot some though and bring the temp up to room temp.

• Like 1