pescabaits

Lathe Lures Will Not Wobble And Walk Straight

There have been lots of successful lathe turned crankbaits over the years.  I'd suggest you do an internet search for them, and try to see how your lures differ from them.

If I'm reading what's been posted so far correctly, there needs to be an interaction between the diving lip and the lure body, and the size, angle and position of your diving lip prevents this because it is too high, and causes the water it sheds to pass over the lure body without enough interaction to cause the body to wiggle.

I would suggest lowering the plane of the diving lip so that it intersects the lure body just below the centerline of the body.  I know this will weaken the connection, so you may have to turn a larger ball at the front, to leave enough meat once you've cut the diving lip.

I think you might also have to hand shape the lip so that it is narrower where it attaches to the body, so that the water that is shed by the lip can pass more closely over the body, giving it more interaction.

Good luck, and keep us in the build loop.

• Like 1