wannabe

Letting The Baits "cure"

I'm new so I'm probably not doing it right but but I put them in water to cool after shooting them and then lay them flat on a sheet pan then bag with a little baby oil.

You're good with the water cool down.... But be careful using household oils, some of them turn plastic stiff over time.... I learned the hard way with vegitable oil

You can get a big bottle of unscented worm oil for cheap... Then add a few drops of scented oil if u like

• Like 1

I'm just getting started, but i have screws ran into posts in my pole style garage & i'm sticking the sprue still attached to the baits over the head of the screw when i demold & letting them hang like this. They're staying straight & if i don't need more of a certain color in boat for say a month or so they will cure until then.  Then i put them in the bag & add some worm oil. It seems to be working well. I have sold a few, but i still want them cured for a week if possible & haven't had anyone complain yet.

They most definitely do "cure". I have noted subtle differences in firmness in baits upwards of a few weeks. All you are doing when putting baits in water after de-molding is cooling them off and setting the plastic. They will continue to firm up as the days pass. You are usually fine to package them after a day. I like to hang them over night and bin them up and let them sit for a few more days if I can

• Like 1

They most definitely do "cure". I have noted subtle differences in firmness in baits upwards of a few weeks. All you are doing when putting baits in water after de-molding is cooling them off and setting the plastic. They will continue to firm up as the days pass. You are usually fine to package them after a day. I like to hang them over night and bin them up and let them sit for a few more days if I can

+1... I've noticed a difference in baits I let sit for awhile before using them.  First any slight "stickness/tackiness" seems to go away over time - liek they are hardening a bit (I use no salt/addatives and mix very well).  I'm sure the type of plastisol makes a bit of a difference as well as environment they are "curing" in.  I have a few baits that you can't lay down right out of the mold (the form has considerable shape to it and thin legs/arms).  So I drop them into water right out of mold - then at end of pouring session stand them up and let them "cure" for a good 3-4 days.  The baits I process like this seem to hold their shape much better than those I shoot and throw in my bag/box to use.

J.

• Like 3