cintaskevin

Lake Fork Magic Shad

Lurecraft has an open pour mold that is similar. # 891, 3-3/4 inches, BTW the first segment of this bait(main body) is really too short to get a decent size hook in. You wind up hooking into the second swimming segment. You could nose hook it on a dropshot but for a swimbait or a trailer it has not worked for me. I was disappointed with this mold. My .02.

• Like 3

With a little work can be molded successfully also.  Have to do some venting in some places but wasn't too difficult and that was hand pouring.  During the Javallon craze couldn't seam to get them quick enough in the states.   I think they were pushing 30 to 50 bucks (color dependent) to get the pack of three from Japan and waited something like a month....  

Need to vent at the tail tips and at the last segment for sure.  The others filled with out issue on my molds.  I also always use a forstner bit to create a "reservoir" for plastic to be drawn in. 

IM000510.jpg

Edited by Travis

Lurecraft has an open pour mold that is similar. # 891, 3-3/4 inches, BTW the first segment of this bait(main body) is really too short to get a decent size hook in. You wind up hooking into the second swimming segment. You could nose hook it on a dropshot but for a swimbait or a trailer it has not worked for me. I was disappointed with this mold. My .02.

I have this mold and boy it is tough to hand pour with the narrow parts of the body!