winterhawk

Black And White Pro-Tec Powder

Kasilofchrisn

Great explanation I bet I can make that happen, I may try at lunch.  Would I then have to cut off the excess media so that it will fit down into the collar? 

Possibly.

I cut my membrane before I place it on so there isn't much if any excess membrane sticking out.

But you can easily trim any excess once your done with scissors or a sharp knife.

It will definitely be a time saver as you are trying different membranes.

I use a circle cutter from the craft store to cut mine so I can make then pretty accurate and perfectly round.

But I had one laying around from some craft projects with the kids. It really isn't necessary and scissors work just fine. That's how I did mine to start with.

Kasilofchrisn

I got it knocked out and it worked out pretty good.  Thank you for that.

BUT, the white still did not fluff up with the 4 layers of newspaper that I tried.  Do different combinations of media work better?  I need more ideas to try to get this white and black to work right.

Can anyone explain the weight of the powder to me?  If its heavier it needs more or less air?  And how different medias let how much air through?  Trying to get my head wrapped around this so I can think of new media to try. 

I don't do a lot of jigs.  Right now it's all tail spinners and slabs.  I've got some in the oven right now. 

Here's a pic of some tail spinners I did a couple of weeks ago.  The only thing you're not seeing there are the shimmer glass and the clear.  The shimmer glass is a top coat with a lot of glitter.

RJMXuIf.jpg

Okay I now have three of my cups to where I can change the media with ease.  Thanks Kasilofchrisn.

I have tried everything I have now, different combinations of tyvek, brown bag, 20# paper (different colors), coffee filters.  Is there anything else I could try? 

My last resort would be to mix it with white pearl that I have.  What would my mixture be?  Both our new 2oz jars of Pro-Tec.