RSullivan

Do You, How Do You Print Labels For Bagged Baits?

I am finishing up my web application to manage my bait making.
I have now decided that I need to print labels for my bagged baits.

I arrived at this decision when I realized that I was not spending enough
money on my hobby and need to spends wads of money on a label printer
and rolls sticky backed thermal label paper!

So, does any one here print labels for their bags?
If so:
What printer do you use?
What paper do you use?

I am assumming I am going to get a thermal printer?
It seems like I can get one from an Office Depot type place
for about $100.00

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the information.

Are you taking about 'Generic' labels that simply have a logo and no other information?

Or

Are you talking about labels that have a logo, the contents of the specific bag, and the price of the specific bag?

It seems there are several online services. You upload a file and they will print you x number of vinyl labels. The down side is that none of them seem to be able to print individual labels. Say I have a run with 100 bags. 20 Contain Worms, 20 Swimbaits, 20 Jerkbaits,.... These services cannot print the labels on a per-item basis. For instance one would want 20 labels that says 'Dazzle Worm' (your name for your worm), 'Grape' (the color

of the worms in the package), and maybe a price and batch number. Another 20 that say 'Bassin-Fool Jerks', 'Baby Bass',.... and so on.

It seems to be expensive. It looks like you can get a minimum of 25. So to get 25 2"x2" labels say "Bassin-Fool', "Baby Bass',... In color with a

logo on them would cost it would cost 25.98 (with shipping) from Uprinting.com (http://www.uprinting.com/vinyl-label-printing.html). That's a little over $1.00 per label.

On the other hand if you just want 1,000 2" x 2" labels that are colored with your logo on it (not on a individual package contents basis) you can get that done at Uprinting.com for 0.066 (6 1/2 cents each with shipping).

I also spoke with two local 'sign making' shops. They also have he same limitations as on-line providers (meaning they are unable to print labels on a per label basis. they can print a lot of the same label).

Note that both of these examples are for the 'cut your own', not a roll. This means you get sheets of the labels and you would need to cut them off the sheet yourself.

Majic man suggested a laser printer. I found that one can get 100 sheets of polyester stock with 12 2" x 2" labels on each sheet for 54.90 (with shipping). That's 1200 labels @ 0.045 (4 1/2 cents) each. Of course one would need a color laser printer. I have no idea what the cost of toner would be. See http://www.onlinelabels.com/material_polyester_laser_labels.htm.

There is also another option, an Inkjet printer with stock made for Inkjets (http://www.onlinelabels.com/material_weatherproof_matte_inkjet_labels.htm) but it seems the ink will smear a lot on these.

That a great idea.

So Majic Man, how do you actually print your b/w labels?

Again I am asking because I am going to modify my web site to print labels from a run.

Do you use a roll type printer?

Do you use a normal inkject printer with 8.5 x 11 papaer with the labels  on it?

Thanks.

I was going to follow advice gained here so I looked up sheetlabels.com reviews before ordering.  Glad I did.  Yikes.  Looks pretty hit or miss.  researching other options and, as always, thanks for the help gentlemen.

Been using them in some capacity or another for 5 years now, I have had ZERO issues with them.