Chuck Young

High Volume Cheap Lure Turner, Lure Holders

Lure turner: build a pegboard L frame on 1-1/2 by 1-1/2 frame. Make it about 30" high on the end and 20" high on the front(pic3). Mount microwave or similar geared motor (plenty in the dump)  to work desk about 28" high. Cut a section of swim noodle cut to fit in between motor and end of box. Glue an old bicycle wheel hub with inside end ground down to fit inside noodle to far end of noodle(pic 1). Attach shorter plastic pipe to motor with tape and E6000. Slide pipe into noodle. This gives you a friction fit to the foam. Build up with tape for more grip. I use this method so I can just grab the foam to insert another lure - no need to unplug. Mount the bearing to the far end of pegboard frame. Now you can insert lure holders through the foam. Make the slots miss the pipe on the front side - so they will pass all the way through the noodle. Balance the holes by placing them every 90 degrees. You can see that I mounted over 20 lures on my 2 ft long turner. It turns great, no belts to slip while your back is turned. It is capable of mass production. I think the motor has enough torque to turn one 6 feet long.

Lure holders #1(pic2): medium and small size binder clips lined with 1/16" adhesive foam on one or both sides. If you put the foam on the part of the clip next to the stick, it holds the lure at an angle. Attached pic shows how this can maximize room at your bench or on your turner.   Tape and glue with e 6000  to ¼” popsicle sticks. These hold most lure lips well enough to turn them.

Lure holders #2: cut off end of cheap, or even used, paint brushes and insert into alligator clips. These have some spring in them for stretching out swimbaits.

Note: Binder clips (in mini, medium, and large) with 1/16" adhesive foam (but without the sticks) make great scale netting clips which will not scratch lures.

lure turner 001.JPGlure turner 002.JPGlure turner 003.JPG

lure turner 001.JPG

lure turner 002.JPG

lure turner 003.JPG

lure turner 001.JPG

lure turner 002.JPG

lure turner 003.JPG

lure turner 001.JPG

lure turner 002.JPG

lure turner 003.JPG

lure turner 001.JPG

lure turner 002.JPG