Mossy

Anyone Pouring Baits For Inshore Fishing

I make a few shrimp tails, just from a lurecraft open pour mold. They work and for the price of those molds you can get a couple and make quite a few baits in a short period of time. Caught a few flounder, reds, ladyfish, and bluefish on them. For the price of a pack of gulps you can buy a 4 cavity mold. Im certainly no saltwater fisherman but I do cast a lure around occasionally when I'm sheepshead fishing and these work fine for me.

I'm here in Fl. On the west coast fishing for sea trout and snook and I am trying out for the first time the lurecraft green 552. I am very pleased with my shrimp mold I made using a very realistic shrimp pattern. It is just as durable as the gulp. I might experiment with the next softer. I do a laminate pour using a lot of glass beads for weight and soak it in upper hand scent. You can add at least 1 percent to the weight with the scent. It hold up very well to pin fish. No more Gulp.

• Like 1

As far as baits you will find almost any bait that works in freshwater will work in saltwater. I never tied a worm bait in saltwater or a shrimp tail in freshwater. But curly tail grub,fluke and swim baits work great in both waters.All my molds are open pour. have like 30 of them.Some from LC and some from MF. Plus a few customs I made myself. Plastic i use MF 464. Tough bait with great action. I would stay away from saltwater plastics Not any real good action in any ones I tied  Maybe try a medium plastic and get a small bottle of harder. If your want it a little tougher add a few drops.Just in case you don't know there is not a plastic bait that a blue can't bite the tail off of it.  :wink:

Been Making Shrimp Tails for many long years  ..   day in and day out hard to beat most any ones med.

Pin fish can "Nip off" any Plastisol. 

I catch mostly "Specks" & "Reds"  with them ... but have a long list of Salt Water and Fresh Water Species that have fallen prey to the Shrimp Tail. 

• Like 1

Mossy;

Like I said I'm using Lurecraft 552 and I just asked for a sample of 556 to see if it is any more flexible and still stay durable. The mold I made was from Alumilite high strength 2 for the shrimp. The shrimp I used was from Savage Gear 3D manic shrimp 4". I made a mold with 3 shrimp. I liked the laminate pours the best. I had so many color combination I didn't use them all but the colors I use most was a red and white, green and white, root beer and white and just white or light chartreuse. I used a 1/8 oz. jig. I also made curly tailed grubs from do it molds- 3". I only had medium blue, chartreuse and green chartreuse all with a flake. I like .035 flake in almost everything. Did good with the grubs. Also had good luck with a 4" jerk bait in blue back and white belly using weighted hooks I poured using keepers. One other bait I tried was 3.75 gizzard shad with hook slot for a weighted hook. I got the bites but couldn't get the hook set as well for some reason.