Silo1688

Spraying Dn Mcu

I've repainted a couple a large muskie baits for a customer and I normally dip or brush on the MCU. This however due the shear size I would like to spray it! My area is well ventilated for this as I've been taking great precautions.

So now to the million dollar question.... What do you all use to thin down the MCU? I'm going to try a few of drops of acetone? Anyone used this approach?

Keeping on spray top coats, to those who have used this.... what's your opinion and results in using the spray version outdoor spar urethane with UV protection?

Thanks in advance.

--George

When I spray DN I use somewhere close to a mix of 20% acetone. I spray it with a Paasche airbrush using their mid-sized nozzle.

Can't help you with the spar urethane.

Ben

Ben, is there any reaction between the acetone/dn and paint when sprayed? I am considering trying to spray DN instead of dipping but am wary about the acetone causing issues with the paint.

Mark,

I thoroughly dry each layer of paint (Createx, Wicked, Auto Air) with a heat gun and haven't had any problems spraying DN cut with acetone. I have no way of proving it, but it's my belief that most of the acetone flashes off before it ever reaches the bait your painting.

Ben

• Like 1