tukta

Print Program

I ha've'nt posted been sick but up and running now. I want to print some pics of different species to put on a lure and was wondering if there is a program that your using to reduce the prints down to glue on the lure I'm a little slow on figuring this out so your help will be appreciated

Print any pic. you like, than measure the printed pic. than figure the size you want from the original size to the larger or smaller size. enter that percentage in to your printer and the exact size will be printed, you do need a printer with a scanner . example printed pic is 2 inches long, you would like it 6 inches long divide 6 by 2 (100%) your percentage will be 300%, put the 2 inch pic in the scanner resize to 300% and you will get a 6 inch pic. That is the way I do it and works just fine, hopefully this helps

Gino

• Like 2

there is a free program available called GIMP. It is an editing program similar to Photo Shop but it is FREE  :tipsy:  free is good

Thanks, Dinger Baits, for the tip on the Gimp2. Tried it out to make 3-d fish eyes from internet pics. There was a bit of a learning curve, but I have never used a publishing program before. Now I have several files of different fishes eyes all set to print in 7 different sizes. I will print them on decal paper stick them to holographic foil, topcoat them, cut them, and coat them with Solarez uv.  There are a lot of steps involved in setting up a file. So if you are like me, you will want to write them down. FREE is my favorite price too!

Edited by Chuck Young