cadman

Heavier Arky Jig Mold

So I am looking for a heavier Arky jig mold(s) weedless. Is there anything stock out there in molds?

Sizes I would be looking at, 5/8, 3/4, 1 oz  or bigger. In a 60 degree hook like a 32786, 5304 or a L111bp and or a flat eye like a 32798. Let me know if I'm missing something, or can someone make a mold like this fairly inexpensive.  Thanks in advance.

$45 for one size doesn't seem to be much of deal but not many choices.  I have a large sparkie mold: 3/4, 1 and 1.25 oz if I remember right.  It takes a 32786 or you can bend a 32886 just a little to make it work.  I like a 6/0 in the EC 3886.  I've also modified it to take a wire trailer keeper, a 5/32 weed guard and to take a cross-eyed hook.  Have to do a little cleaning up but I don't pour many with it so the versatility is worth it. 

Edited by EironBreaker

Cadman, I have been searching for a long time too. 3/4 & 1oz would be great. Ya paying $45 plus ship for 1 cavity is a bit of a rip. Been contemplating making a 2 piece mold from Water Putty, but they are not all that great and I hate cleaning up the flash afterward. I will be watching to see what pops up on this one.

$45 for one size doesn't seem to be much of deal but not many choices.  I have a large sparkie mold: 3/4, 1 and 1.25 oz if I remember right.  It takes a 32786 or you can bend a 32886 just a little to make it work.  I like a 6/0 in the EC 3886.  I've also modified it to take a wire trailer keeper, a 5/32 weed guard and to take a cross-eyed hook.  Have to do a little cleaning up but I don't pour many with it so the versatility is worth it. 

Matt,

I have this mold as well. But correct me if I'm wrong, The base of the jig is not as wide as an Arkie correct? Also did you cut a slot in the mold halves to accept a small pin for weedguards to be put in afterwards? The mold we are talking about is the Do-It JYS-1055L correct?

Not established yet as far as price. I found it in the forum under the stuff we are working on subject.  He listed some hooks on there as well.

I am on standby to purchase it when it is posted on the store and cutting starts.  His other jig molds are some sweet products.

Ted, I'll have to take a look at the mold tonight to know what the model number is for sure.  I bought it off Ebay a long time ago and I think it is an older model, has blue handles.  I think it is wider than a 1/2 Arkie but for a 3/4 oz it should be.  I have a 1/2 Arkie and also a 3/4 Sparkie poured up so I'll get some pics taken tonight for comparison.  I cut the weed guard slot into the mold, took some work to do.  I can use Teflon pins.