fishon-son

Chrome Paint

Haz I have to assume that silver leaf is similar to gold leaf. Silver that is thinned out to a feathery thickness. I have did some consignment work on furniture in past with gold leaf.

If so that's a high economic bait. While speaking of baits, I really like your work. I am going to search again and try to find a answer to my next question. How do you form around the contour of baits. Probably on YouTube. I really look that bait over, well the best that I can. Very nice detail.

Thanks,

Dale

Edited by DaleSW

@ Pete,

I've done some things with baits and have them at the office as a conversation piece. I won't fish with them. A few are a little crazy, painted plastics as of now. So I thought you may have done something like that.

I have a paint scheme for the 4th, but it won't be ready. A young gent that I have met, has a great talent in art. I pay him to make stencils for me. He doesn't like what he has created so, I haven't got them from him yet. My fault really I met and asked him to late.

The Pro that came out of him and I meeting, I got a young artist that cares about his work. Yep I pay him well for his time, he's good and I want to encourage him.

I'm not good at cutting stencils. Eyes shot, hands are not steady as they use to be. Crap just age I guess. :(

Dale

Edited by DaleSW
  • Like 1

Theres my problem... I tried doing the scales before applying to the lure

Btw, whats "tule" or "thule"??

Thule is a meshy fabric that was used in the 50's to puff out poodle skirts. They sell it in fabric stores. You can find a lot of different fabrics that add variety to scale masking patterns. Most are 48" wide and at $2 - $7 per yard, it is pretty cheap by our standards. I use 9 different materials for scale masking or foiling. 

• Like 1

Well thats good to know!.... One more thing to get "those looks" in the check out line

Wait until you get a little older. You'll love it when you start getting "those looks". It will put a smile on your face when you freak people out. :D

Ben

p.s. Buying tulle is nothing. I used to buy tampons to soak with doe urine when bow hunting. They work great since they've already got a string to tie it up with. Talk about getting "looks". :lol:

• Like 2

Well the first attempts were pretty rough.

oddly as already stated thinner would be better I guess SWMBO had heavy duty in the kitchen, though it was easy enough to file flush. Upside there are more texturing options I used a section of brad nails and attempted to give the illusion of a lateral line .

Yes look at it funny and it wrinkles

I used my side profile template at full size, next time I will make a copy and trim it so I don't have to glue it down to the curve.

I think doing a round bait that way would drive me to drink.

Properly done I think it will look better than the tape, but like I said the first ones are rough but I am pretty sure they will catch fish.

• Like 1

You may use this for the scale pattern already, but I use loofah (bathing accessory). I look in the stores for certain sizes to match the bait size. You can get it everywhere.

For this technique I'm going to get art leaf in gold, silver and copper. I believe the copper is going to be a constant with me, because it will help me with more natural color schemes.

See Hazmail, I have been doing my homework on gold leaf, not being construed with real gold leaf. You know I may get some real gold and do one when I get this down. That would be a nice conversation piece. LOL

Have a great day,

Dale

Edited by DaleSW