JRammit

Toy Boats

Way to go! It's great for the kids.

Now - idea for you. Take kids and toy boat to "fishing place way beyond public casting reach." Tie on a deep diving lure onto your fishing rod and reel with lots of line. Hook line into some pull-away attachment on toy boat. "Clothes pin?" Let kids run boat over to other side with your lure attached. You jerk and pull away and retrieve your lure hopefully catching something that never saw a lure before. Kids retrieve toy boat and get net ready. = Win Win for kids.

For you it may allow you to get in some serious casts. Long No Fishing/No Swimming Buoys, unmarked Logs/Booms in front of dams and similar legal but out of the box places might be fun.

Good for you and the kids.

John

Way to go! It's great for the kids.

Now - idea for you. Take kids and toy boat to "fishing place way beyond public casting reach." Tie on a deep diving lure onto your fishing rod and reel with lots of line. Hook line into some pull-away attachment on toy boat. "Clothes pin?" Let kids run boat over to other side with your lure attached. You jerk and pull away and retrieve your lure hopefully catching something that never saw a lure before. Kids retrieve toy boat and get net ready. = Win Win for kids.

For you it may allow you to get in some serious casts. Long No Fishing/No Swimming Buoys, unmarked Logs/Booms in front of dams and similar legal but out of the box places might be fun.

Good for you and the kids.

John

i think i see where youre goin w that.... i could do something similar... we catch alot of bluegill with a fly and bobber..

. maybe i put a line tie on the next boat and use it as replacement for the bobber...... now he's "trolling" for bluegill

Just a suggestion to get the kids away from the electrical boxes and gee-haws and games and such. But around my house, kids are different people. The toy fishing boat worked with son and one grandson, but not number two.

Oops forgot to mention. 1. Battery went out and boat floated down river halting fishing and initiating recovery. 2. Battery went out on lake and wind blew it up canyon and had to go get it in the boat. 3. Boys were fishing, I forgot to bring boat to hand and we had to wait for wind to blow it to shore. We learned battery maintenance. LOL

Enjoy Fishing with the kids!

John

• Like 1