emptystringer81

Bait Bags

If you look at clear bags try the crystal clear bags. Now read the description real well some say pre opened. Those are a real time saver for packaging. They are not laminated but never had a problem with them. Pretty inexpensive too.

Just got these in mail today. Perfect for 5" sticks. 6" wide and 4" top to bottom. Not gonna beat that price and free shipping

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131709998094

Are you sure those are 6" across? The pic shows that being the height.

Never mind. I saw the note at the bottom and ordered 100.

I did order some from clearbags.com in 6x4 also, with the "eurohole" (resisting inappropriate Brexit comment). The clearbags.com, clear bag units are 3.3 cents each, including shipping, when buying 1K. As Frank said, they are advertised as pre-opened.

Edited by Painter1

I haven't had that problem Mark and almost all my baits just go in zip lock snack bags or sandwich bags from the grocery store....and I don't think you can get any cheaper than that! They just take up SOOO much less room in the tackle bag and I refuse to carry two or three suit cases with me when I'm fishing haha!

Edited by FATFLATTIE
  • Like 1

I haven't had that problem Mark and almost all my baits just go in zip lock snack bags or sandwich bags from the grocery store....and I don't think you can get any cheaper than that! They just take up SOOO much less room in the tackle bag and I refuse to carry two or three suit cases with me when I'm fishing haha!

The bags that failed were some with commericial baits that I bought a few years ago.  The bags were thin, and they failed along straight lines, as though they had joint lines.

I also use sandwich baggies, and don't have problems with them.

Edited by mark poulson

The bags that failed were some with commericial baits that I bought a few years ago.  The bags were thin, and they failed along straight lines, as though they had joint lines.

I also use sandwich baggies, and don't have problems with them.

That's the problem I had with the Mf plastic. As it sets in the bag oils come out and makes straight cuts in the bags. Laminate bags will work with the Mf but since I have used Spikeit plastic and can use bags like the ones I mentioned earlier in the post. I know when I talked to Bruce over at Spikeit he told me what the bag had to be made of and those fit.
  • Like 1

On 7/15/2016 at 9:18 AM, FATFLATTIE said:

I think I got mine from clearbags.com

They are excellent quality and offer a TON of sizes.

I also use the snack bags from the grocery store Spector paddle tail swimbaits. The tails keep their form wa better in the ziplocks than the actual worm bags.

+1 for Clear bags thats the only ones I use. About 8 cents a bag for average size worm bags by the 1000

On 8/6/2016 at 0:12 PM, mark poulson said:

I've had problems with the oil in plastisol causing some baggies to come apart.

Is this common, or did I just get baits with a cheap baggie?

Cheap bags. There's three places that I get bags from because I don't see any difference between them. Lurepartsonline, Do-It and Jannsnetcraft. It's a nice thick bag that seals really well.