Both are a light smoke. They are more clear then pics show when held up 

1 cup med plastic

4 tbsp glass beads

2 tbsp softener

3 drops LC black

Top is 1/4 040 purple and 1/8 040 black

Bluegill is 1/8 040 purple 1/8 040 gold 1/8 040 orange 1/8 040 blue

Those baits look really good!

Where do you get your glass beads, and are there any dos/dont's in using them?

I have been using the HDA from Do-It and I LOVE the quality of the baits it produces but its pretty dang expensive. Have tried salt recently and will defintbe trying the beads at some point. Have you used the HDA before? Just wondering what the durability is compared to the HDA, that's my favorite part about that stuff is I can get up to 5-6 fish per bait even wacky rigged with no o-ring.

The cost of the glass beads compared to salt is negligible. Glass beads are maybe 10 cents per pack. Not a killer for me.

I was one of the first to use HD when Jason made it. I love the stuff but the grey cloudiness is a drag. 

Plastic does not bond to salt and that is why they are weak. It does seem to bond to the beads and the HD. Baits with beads are similar durability to HD. I use an Oring and regularly catch 20+ bass on one stick

Edited by MonteSS

I would advise everyone to not get glass bead from Harbor Freight. Their newer stock of it is crushed glass not beads. One of my injectors is very gouged from using the crushed glass. I switched to glass bead from Amazon. It is much easier on the injector and makes a much clearer bait than the Harbor Freight stuff.

• Like 2

Yo Al,

Thank you.  I've been using the stuff from Harbor Freight and have not gotten the clarity that Monte's baits have.  Now I know why!  And I hear it scratching my injector when I use it.

Big Ray, I'm sorry if the stuff I gave you isn't good.

Could you post a link to the Amazon source?

Edited by mark poulson
  • Like 1

Yo Al,

Thank you.  I've been using the stuff from Harbor Freight and have not gotten the clarity that Monte's baits have.  Now I know why!  And I hear it scratching my injector when I use it.

Big Ray, I'm sorry if the stuff I gave you isn't good.

Could you post a link to the Amazon source?

i have the same stuff what i did was mix the beads in the plastic b4 u heat it. that made a huge difference

The stuff I bought from Harbor Freight says glass bead on the box and I had the same results as Mark. The one I bought from Amazon was from American Abrasive Supply-#80 mesh. Check out reviews on Harbor Freight for their glass beads. There are a lot of complaints that they switched to crushed glass at some point and still sell it as beads

• Like 1

The stuff I bought from Harbor Freight says glass bead on the box and I had the same results as Mark. The one I bought from Amazon was from American Abrasive Supply-#80 mesh. Check out reviews on Harbor Freight for their glass beads. There are a lot of complaints that they switched to crushed glass at some point and still sell it as beads

Harbor Freight products are usually cheap imitations. Long after the sweetness of low prices is forgotten.the bitterness of poor quality remains! 8O

• Like 2