nocellcontracts

Hand Pour Vs. Injection

I am new to pouring plastics. I don't own anything yet. Doing my homework here. What are pros and cons to hand pour vs. injection? I am only interested in pouring senkos using metal molds. I don't mind paying a little extra for an injector, etc. if that is  a more efficient way to do the job. Thanks for your input.

For me, it depends on which mold I'm going to pour/shoot.

I use a DoIt Essential mold for my 5" senkos and 3"grubs, both of which I inject.

I made my own 6" and 7" two piece senko pop molds, and I inject them.

For me, injection is faster and easier.  

But I also have homemade two piece pop molds that I hand pour, too.

I do both but prefer hand pour, I also have hand pour 2 piece aluminum molds and love those

Love us a strong word so how about I really really like them lol. I have a senko do it essential

Mold in 5" as that is the only size they have so far, it's injected and makes a great senko, it's dull but

Skimpy has a you tube tutorial on how to make it shiney like an aluminum mold (That Guy Skimpy on you tube) the mold cost $30-40 bucks depending where you get it and it's the cheapest of all senko molds and it's molded after the real senko by permission of GYCB. (Check tackle warehouse for best price on mold nod injector, over $gets you free delivery). If you want to pour bigger senkos then best to check other companies

Like Bears, enforcer mold from Canada (love them) BTS bob tackle shack ( love them too)

Lure craft.....on top of this page here there is a good list of mold companies you can check and see what tickle your fancy.

Good luck and I hope this helped

I have both the Essential Series and the CNC mold and I prefer the finish on the Essential series.

For the price of a CNC mold you can buy 3 Essential molds ...and have 12 cavities ...or 3 different baits!

But....I really don't think the fish care either way on the finish!

• Like 1

I mainly hand pour as I find it more enjoyable and mainly did laminates.  I did pour solid color stuff a lot also but for me just wasn't exactly interesting.     Frankly for some molds I think it is faster to pour than inject but that really depends on whether you can pour or not.  Some guys just don't have the physical ability to pour.   I have an injector and few molds and it gives very good results also.

Injection is about as fool proof as you can get.   

I have a 5 cavity 2 piece 5" senko mold that hand pours perfectly every time but it is designed with individual sprues or pour holes if you will so its designed for hand pouring. Injection is great for small appendages and molds with gates and runners that make hand pouring almost too difficult to achieve.