Mad Moose Baits

Treble Hooks For Inline Spinners Preference

I tie bucktail trebles for my lures. I have been using Eagle Claw 375 #4's for them. I really like them but I tend to "over dress" the treble some times and was worried the added hair may hinder hook ups with that style treble. Is this correct?

I am looking at the Mustad M35647BR which has a more round bend to it.

So am I okay sticking w the 374/375 EC or should I look for a more round hook?

What do you guys prefer?

Thanks in advance!

I use Mustad short shank EWG trebles for my feathers, and have had no problems with hookups.  I used to use round bends, but I like how the EWG hook point face slightly in, so they are more in line with the pull of the line on the bait.

I find the fish get both trebles into themselves when they eat the belly hook.

Overtying a treble is easy to do - if you cut your own zonker strips and make them thinner you can do them on trebles.  I've got some soft tanned squirrel skins that I'm going to cut and put on trebles.

Eagle Claw 959 G laser 3x strength, Platinum Black

Eagle Claw EL374BP lazer 2X strong, Platinum Black

and I still like the old Eagle Claw 3551 round bend and I've never lost a fish on any of them. 

Like Limp said check the sales at Capt hooks

I use the Mutad 3551 on all of my inline spinners. Not only do I like the little longer shank for ease of getting it out of the fish, I use a silicone skirt on all of my inlines and the longer shank helps set the hook a little further back on my bait.

I've been using those for over 20 years and have never had a problem with them or complaint about them!

I like Siwash Gamakatsu. It is not a treble but IMHO has some advantages vs. trebles: Not so heavy, less chances to snag, keep salmon deadly, easy for replacement thanks open eye, not damaging fish severe like treble on case if you decide to release it.