jdmorg

Elaztec

The last time you posted on this this was the reply from someone with a whole hell of a lot of experience and info about this kind of stuff

Nope. No Silicone at all, unless there is some used to reduce surface tack. It is some type of Thermoplastic Rubber. 

I personally don't believe it is a 2 part at all. It was offered in small volumes to the hobby side at one point but was scraped due to how difficult it was to work with from what I have been told. 

• Like 1

If you are looking to produce a more durable bait, I've used the HD additive from do it with good results. It's expensive but,if you're making for yourself, it's something you may want to consider. It will change the color some but if you have a specific color in mind that you use and just catch the heck out of the fish on, it's probably doable. With the HD and super glueing your plastic onto the head one bait can catch a lot of fish. Might be an option.

Come on fellas. What is wrong w/ 4-7 bass per  bait??. 10 ct per $8.00 bag w/ a 4 bass average =$.20 per bait. :drool: That can reduced more if you use the old ones for melters.Basic arithmetic has merit here.There are times when a super soft bait is the deal- so save the torn ones,dry them thoroughly in the hot sun on a pan and re-melt them w/  a bit of new plastisol. Reduce your cost per bait!! :halo:

Come on fellas. What is wrong w/ 4-7 bass per bait??. 10 ct per $8.00 bag w/ a 4 bass average =$.20 per bait. :drool: That can reduced more if you use the old ones for melters.Basic arithmetic has merit here.There are times when a super soft bait is the deal- so save the torn ones,dry them thoroughly in the hot sun on a pan and re-melt them w/ a bit of new plastisol. Reduce your cost per bait!! :halo:

I dunno what kinda simple arithmetic you're using but that's not $.20 per bait. Maybe $.20 per bass but getting 4 fish out of one bait is rare for me. 2 is average unless it's a trailer then I might get 4. It also depends a lot on the particular bait and rigging but 2 per bait is about average for me.

Come on fellas. What is wrong w/ 4-7 bass per  bait??. 10 ct per $8.00 bag w/ a 4 bass average =$.20 per bait. :drool: That can reduced more if you use the old ones for melters.Basic arithmetic has merit here.There are times when a super soft bait is the deal- so save the torn ones,dry them thoroughly in the hot sun on a pan and re-melt them w/  a bit of new plastisol. Reduce your cost per bait!! :halo:

I went on a Canadian smallmouth trip last year where we were catching 125+ small mouths a day. It was in October so it was VERY cold. The person I was fishing with told me he has boated 400 in a day. With those numbers, you want one bait to last and stay on the hook a very long time. Otherwise, your spending a lot of productive fishing time fiddle farting around with your bait. That's why people are asking about the elaztech. I believe Zman has the patent. Strike king used to produce it but discontinued it. There are quite a few guys that see those numbers that would like to see it back.

I went on a Canadian smallmouth trip last year where we were catching 125+ small mouths a day. It was in October so it was VERY cold. The person I was fishing with told me he has boated 400 in a day. With those numbers, you want one bait to last and stay on the hook a very long time. Otherwise, your spending a lot of productive fishing time fiddle farting around with your bait. That's why people are asking about the elaztech. I believe Zman has the patent. Strike king used to produce it but discontinued it. There are quite a few guys that see those numbers that would like to see it back.

They do have it exclusively I believe, They make the baits for Strike King. 

It's not a 2 part material, as McLuvin posted it is a Thermoplastic Rubber of sorts meaning it is heat activated in a similar fashion as PVC Plastisol just need to be worked differently.