Super Ron

Wiggle Wart Eyes

I Need some help with Wiggle Wart eyes.    Is there a stencil out there that people are using?

I did manage to get one out of 4 attempts.  But that was just a matter of dotting the middle of the eye.

I'm trying to find the correct hole sizes but my attempts at making something perfectly round and pliable enough to bend around the blank hasn't been productive.

Thanks

Ron

I tried the trick with the stick on eye, didn't seem to stick well enough.   The paper buttholes may work.    I' have to give that a try.   At the moment, I've been able to paint the outer by freehand and then placing one drop from the opposite end of a paint brush to dot the eye.  However, I've developed a routine.   Paint all day and get one out of 5 that you are satisfied with, then ruin it on the last coat of expoxy. 

But today I hit a new low.    Last coat a success, waiting to be cleared.    And I cut myself and bled on it.     I'm going to clear right over it. 

Ron

• Like 2

I've taken the ideas you guys have given and experimented some.   Thank you very much.     

I attempted to paint a bluegill pattern (badly), I had issues with  colors not coming out like I want, stencils scratched the paint and then the epoxy had bubbles.    But the eyes came out exactly like I wanted.

I put the punched out circle using a whole punch and blue painters tape.   Then placed it on the eye.     After that I painted the bait starting with the white base coat.    After I got the lure painted I removed the painters tape to reveal a non painted, able to see through the plastic, open hole.

Next I colored the hole with an orange sharpie, heat set, and let it sit overnight before I put the epoxy on.

Would someone who is computer smart like to make the picture smaller for me so I can post it to the gallery?

Or, maybe just someone who can post it to this thread/

Thanks

Ron

• Like 1