ravenlures

Kbs Diamond Clear

I have been using a vacuum seal canister for about 10 months for storing my KBS. I mixed 1 qt. of KBS with 6 fl. oz. of Xylene and I have not had any problems with it curing in the canister.  There are a bunch of vacuum seal canisters out there.  This is the one I have been using.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01A1B46IO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I was unable to order the KBS Diamond Clear aerosol so I contacted KBS and this is the response I received.

"Thank you for contacting the KBS Coatings. Our goal is to give you the best possible KBS experience that exceeds your expectations.

I am sorry for the confusion. DiamondFinish Clear in the Aerosol will be available within a few weeks and we will send out an email as soon as it is available."

I'll order some up once it's available.

David

• Like 1

I have heard that LPO is now carrying KBS. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet. Aerosol would be good to have around to. Those times when I don't want to start a gun/brush spraying, dipping or brushing process. Yep, I'm trying to figure out the way I like putting it on. :)

Keep us informed on your progress David.

Mythos, I just started using KBS. I just let it drain slowly, then I thin it, shoot a little Oxygen (name eludes me) and let it set for a few days.

Dale

Edited by DaleSW
  • Like 1

I just received my aerosol can of KBS Diamond, just tried it with one coat and it was better than dipping, how it holds is another story I am running out of time to test getting cold here in Northeast WI.  It was costly with shipping, but now do I mix and spray, spraying I will need to upgrade my spray booth.

Wayne