Mr B

Hey Enviro Tex guys...

I finally located some E-Tex at Beverlys crafts. I have a few questions. I have been using the Devcon 2-ton to coat my spinnerbait heads. I like how thick it is, but I would like it a little thinner. I found 2 kinds of Envirotex. the Regular and the lite. Is the regular thicker, because it sounds like the lite might be a little too thin for 1 coat.

Also the reg is $14.99 for 2) 8oz bottles and the lite is $19.99 is this about right for pricing.

Thanks

Mr B

That price seems a tad high to me. I ordered mine at the following link, you might do a comparison. www.Alipineimport.com

I use the Etex-Lite and find it is actually very thin, it's not too much different than water. Because of this I like to wait a minimum of 15 minutes after mixing. If only doing one bait, I will wait even longer, up to 25-30 minutes before applying. By doing so you will find the stuff goes on thicker but still not too thick. I have also found that the "waiting period" prevents blurring of my personal signatures on the bait. I personally always use a minimum of two coats on my baits and often three but I am building musky lures. You may find for your use one coat is enough. Good luck!

:D

jed

Hey River Man, I found that Alpine website also. I was just thinking that with shipping it probably ends upi being close to $20 for the Lite, no?

Hhusky I'll keep checking out the stores around here. The Ace Hardwares are getting to be few and far between.

Has anyone tried the one just labeled Envirotex. Not the lite in the blue box. This just comes as 2 bottles shrink wrapped together.

I am looking for a thicker formula. Is this it?

Mr B

I ordered two quarts of the stuff, a half gallon total and the cost was just under 30 bucks...I believe that is two 32 ounce bottles. If we assume 10 dollars for shipping the cost per ounce would be:

40 dollars/32 ounces=1.25/oz

The price you mentioned works out to:

20 dollars/8oz ounces=2.50/oz

So it works out to half the cost through Alpine. It may be tho that you don't need a half gallon of the stuff so maybe it would still be wiser to take the other route. Ihave done probably 50 or more large baits taking two to three coats each and still have half of the material left. I am guessing that further savings would be seen by ordering gallon jugs.

I had good luck ordering through alipine by the way, quick delivery.

RM

Riverman, I can see myself using large amounts of the stuff. So the Alpine route might be the best.

I need something alittle thicker though. I understand that you can let the Lite formula sit awhile to thicken but have you personally tried the "Non lite formula. Just Envirotex?

Anyone?

Mr B

The stuff is thin I will admit but if you wait a short period after mixing you can paint it on quite thick. This was probably the hardest thing for me to get used to after using Devcon for so long. I think you will be happy with the Etex Lite, particularly if you are going to be doing a large number of baits. Two coats does a great job.

RM

ive been using the standard envirotex here in australia, as it is easier to get. Mainly for topcoating paints that are not hard wearing. I find it to be very durable, but 2 coats are definately needed with this stuff.

I do like the fact that this coating takes a nailprint, but very shortly regains its origional shape.

it seems fairly cheap here.

$10.00 for 2 bottles 250ml

$45 for 2 bottles 1 litre.

I hope this helps, this stuff is definately worth using, as 10ml did quite a few baits.