cadman

Bts 702 Craw Mold

According to a plastics guy I know, I am looking for this mold number. Can you guys tell me where I can buy this mold, and if it is better to buy new or used. This guy is going to inject these for me , however he doesn't have the mold. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

btsmolds.com. great mold and proven fish catcher. the only downside is its hard to laminate it. the start of the claws are too thin and I'd say I have a 75% fail rate when trying to shoot laminates. it shoots 1 solid color great though.

With that said, attached is a pic of the craw I had poured as a sample from someone on this site. Ther is a top view and a bottom view of two colors. I want to say Monte SS did this, but I am not sure. By looking at the pic is that pic the BTS 702 craw? Also the size of the bait in the pic is 3.75" long from butt to claw.

One last question, and that is, if I buy a used mold is there anything I need to know, not to get burned buying the mold?  Thanks Again for all the help.

craws.pdf

craws.pdf

craws.pdf

craws.pdf

craws.pdf

craws.pdf

craws.pdf

craws.pdf

craws.pdf

Yes that is the 702. Hard to lam? Not sure about that one. Mine lam pretty well. How many you want, Cman? The problem with buying these used is they don't come on the used market very often. Hard to find, usually, unless you really surf the boards and jump quick. It's a good craw and catches fish. I can shoot a bunch quick but the claws will have a small dent in some of them if you shoot them too hot. It's caused by the thick ridge at the end cooling and in need of plastic to draw from as it contracts. Problem is the thin arms harden before the tips do so there isn't a source to draw from so the thick ends will dent.

Not my picture Cad.

Great bait. I shoot single colors and never get dents (four cavity mold). As said very hard to find a used one. Not sure when BTS next sale is. 

I have the lam plate and VERY hard to get lams. Twinjector should be fine though. I handpour the back (body only) and then inject the rest.

Edited by MonteSS

Get the claw mold as well. More work but some good baits.

What does this mean, and what is the model/part number. Why do I need this. Not being sarcastic, just want to know what the benefits are. Remember, I'm not a plastics pouring guy, I only pour lead jigs. So any info is helpful.

Thanks.

CadMan .. if you got cad skills.. you should be able to find a local shop to make this for you , bet there is a local machine shop that would trade baits to do it 

Most standard job shops are lost at Mold making, Lot of trial and error goes into gating and venting properly. Not to say they cant, But 90% of my customers find the price is 5x higher, and baits just dont shoot right.