Boagy

How Do You Make A Colour Cloudy?

Thanks guys.  So I haven't used salt before or have salt.  Does it have to be a special kind of salt?  How much should I start with in a 1 cup batch?  

I do have white colorant but I thought that even a little might lighten my watermelon too much.  The Zman colour I'm trying to match is till quite light and opaque when held to the light.

Adding white will milk up the look but often throws off the surface tone and can ruin the color sometimes. You might want to dilute your white before adding it for milking purposes if your working in small batches.

Salt does wonders to opacify the undertone without throwing off the surface tone of a color as much as white will, so it can be a better choice sometimes. A fine grade of salt is usually what is used. Search the forum for salt types and youll get plenty of hits and advice on that.

Good luck on that Goojoo....er Pidgeon,  wait Gudjoe....what the hell is that color again?

Thanks McLuvin175.  I'll only be working with small batches so will remember your advice.  I'll try white in the meantime as I have it. If it doesn't give me what I want I'll try the salt.

How do I dilute the white? I assume a little worm oil?

Gidgeon.....dungeon......bludgeon.....no...... GUDGEON!  :)