Skimpy

Chatterbait Jig Head

I've used every head mentioned and the one I now use is the Trokar Pro Swim Jig. It uses a flat eye heavy hook so I can attach the blade with a split ring, the other heads I either had to use a double split ring or punch the hook eye open. I also became fond of using a split ring over direct attachment because it allows the bait to really hunt but that is my preference.

• Like 3

I've used every head mentioned and the one I now use is the Trokar Pro Swim Jig. It uses a flat eye heavy hook so I can attach the blade with a split ring, the other heads I either had to use a double split ring or punch the hook eye open. I also became fond of using a split ring over direct attachment because it allows the bait to really hunt but that is my preference.

Thanks !!! I have the Mold and wanted to try it out. Appreciate it !!!

I use this one also.  It works great if you don't mind having to bend the wire  yourself.

On a side note you get to do the direct connect to the head if you use it.

I run an .051 straight wire out the front of mine and then bend a loop and close it (similar to putting the end blades on a spinnerbait). Pretty simple to do and I have yet to meet a freshwater fish that has caused it to come undone! 

Great idea. What hook do you use?