fishon-son

Copying My Blank

Presumably you have thought about molding and don't want to go that route.

You need to contact someone with a duplicator machine. They are going to drill a hole through your master to insert a spindle to suit the machine, so as far as you are concerned the master that you submit is lost. I strongly suggest that you create a duplicate to submit in case anything goes wrong.

There will be setup costs, but these should only be a one-off cost as the master will already be prepared for the next order.

You could make a mold and cast a few sub-masters to send. This is a good idea because you can send more than one sub-master.

Dave

I made a duplicator and it works just as good as a factory type. To get detail work after the general out line is done, this takes time in the refitting of bits. I can do a general cut out and then do the rest pretty quick by hand.

I just enjoy doing this by hand; shaping, sanding and details. I can get each really close to the last. Also on a 7-8 hour day I can get out about a dozen 2-3" baits, one piece (shaped w/details only). Another enjoyment is to see fish caught on them, maybe not always by me. :)

20-30 would take me about 24 hours to have them ready for painting. I know labor intensive. If I was doing this for a profit I could do this amount in my duplicator in about half the time. I believe that I have learnt more about making lures by doing it by hand. In time I will go back to the duplicator with much more knowledge. The time maybe much less then I think.

Then there is molding, this is a more costly but it is a quicker way to do baits in my opinion. I'm not sure about that against a duplicator.

Dale