Musky0503

4/0 -16/0

It is different depending on the manufacturer. Some will have a 3/0 that is 140 Denier while others the same 3/0 will be like 70 denier and others still will be different. So it isn't as easy as saying the lower number is thicker than a higher number or vise-versa. The only way to know is to contact the manufacturer, but as I said before, I use thread like UTC Ultra Thread and Danville because they use a standard measurement that I know what I'm getting while others use the aught system and they are all different, I have yet to see two different thread brands in 3/0 that are the same, so I can't answer your question, you need to contact the manufacturer of the thread you want to use.

• Like 1

It is different depending on the manufacturer. Some will have a 3/0 that is 140 Denier while others the same 3/0 will be like 70 denier and others still will be different. So it isn't as easy as saying the lower number is thicker than a higher number or vise-versa. The only way to know is to contact the manufacturer, but as I said before, I use thread like UTC Ultra Thread and Danville because they use a standard measurement that I know what I'm getting while others use the aught system and they are all different, I have yet to see two different thread brands in 3/0 that are the same, so I can't answer your question, you need to contact the manufacturer of the thread you want to use.

Sounds like how rod manufs. list their powers and actions.  If it weren't for TackleTour, and their rod testing machines, I'd be lost.

I have half a dozen spindles of thread from different companies that I thought were the same, and half of them break when I just look at them.