Ultimate Predators

Pour Into A Aluminum Mold (Not Injected)

I have now completed my Soft Plastic delivery system in 3 styles all concepts and drawings at this point. Thanks for all the help. I'm trying to assemble a working system with parts bait makers have and stuff that can be purchased to keep the cost down. I believe I have a solid idea now.

The only thing that I'm not sure of yet is, Does Plastisol, when heated to the proper temperature, pour into a aluminum mold (not injected) right down the center of the hole and fill the cavity to make a bait correctly ? This is one of my 3 designs if it works.

There are three different aluminum bait molds.

1. Injection mold

2. Hand pour mold (closed mold)

3. Open pour mold, hand poured.

The difference in the injection mold and closed hand pour mold is usually in the opening and the venting. More venting is needed in the hand pour because there is no pressure as you introduce the plastisol. It's poured into the cavities. So the answer to your question is yes, it is poured in right down the hole on that type of mold. That said, most of us inject anymore and the mold producers don't make many hand pour molds. Mostly it's injection molds. Good luck with your project.