cm10lber

Unpainted Glide Baits?

A nice little floating glider always gets them. This 3" holographic smooth body is simple to paint heavy or light and simple to coat. At 10.5 grams of smooth sailing in and out of water. You'll need 6mm eyes, 6mm split rings either #6 or #4 hookshttp://bustinbassbaits.com/programs/shop/showitem.cgi?Unpainted_Crankbait_Bodies&1345

If you use epoxy, it is sub-surface...if this is the type of glide bait you are looking for...It is the only one i have ever seen and is a quality blank. He carries a mixed bag of qualities.....He has a $25 minimun. I had 75 I just sold pretty cheap not too long ago. I probably have a blank or two left if you want to try it....

1345.jpg

1345.jpg

1345.jpg

1345.jpg

1345.jpg

1345.jpg

1345.jpg

1345.jpg

post-13859-0-04412900-1475968100_thumb.jpg

Edited by Richard Prager
  • Like 1

A nice little floating glider always gets them. This 3" holographic smooth body is simple to paint heavy or light and simple to coat. At 10.5 grams of smooth sailing in and out of water. You'll need 6mm eyes, 6mm split rings either #6 or #4 hookshttp://bustinbassbaits.com/programs/shop/showitem.cgi?Unpainted_Crankbait_Bodies&1345

If you use epoxy, it is sub-surface...if this is the type of glide bait you are looking for...It is the only one i have ever seen and is a quality blank. He carries a mixed bag of qualities.....He has a $25 minimun. I had 75 I just sold pretty cheap not too long ago. I probably have a blank or two left if you want to try it....

A nice little floating glider always gets them. This 3" holographic smooth body is simple to paint heavy or light and simple to coat. At 10.5 grams of smooth sailing in and out of water. You'll need 6mm eyes, 6mm split rings either #6 or #4 hookshttp://bustinbassbaits.com/programs/shop/showitem.cgi?Unpainted_Crankbait_Bodies&1345

Roger

I order about 15 of these Baits last year. Now they are not on the site. Tried emailing twice to the contacts listed at bustin bass baits but no one responds to my emails. I love this bait and can't find it anywhere else. Any ideas on where else I can get it?.

Anyone know where to get some unpainted glide baits ?

Check out Cedar Run Outdoors, they have a couple glide type baits. I say glide "Type" baits cuz they didn't glide so well, kinda twitched like a jerkbait. They "Glided" maybe 12 to 16 inches from side to side if that, more like a wake bait.. These were cheap, on sale for 2.45$, they weigh 2.55 oz , just under 7 inches long, shad shaped and are stated to be a slow sink but they didn't sink. Maybe that's why they were cheap and on sale. Now the one I test swam was not painted or cleared yet and the water was 68*. I am going to drill a small hole in the belly to add some ballast and get them to sink a little better, then patch and paint. They are a two piece glide with a solid plastic tail.

I bought these to fish in Mexico where they have 1000's of gill nets for tilapia everywhere. We will lose a couple dozen lures to the nets each trip. I'll make a few for each depth range and paint them shad and tilapia colors and won't have more than $4.25 in each one so it won't hurt too bad to lose a few.  While they are not Negotiators or 178's, maybe they will work for your application.

BTW, Cedar Run had the cheapest Mustad 2x, short shank, triple grip trebles I've found anywhere so far, #6-$16.00/100 and #4-$18.00/100. They have other hooks at stupid cheap prices and a bunch of the same cranks and jerks as Shelts,W/lure and those types of companies. Hope this helps bro, tight lines.

• Like 2