LimpNoodle

New Lure Making Bench

Here's the bench set up to actually do some work.  The other molds are in baskets stacked to the left of the bench.  I also need to clear out the area to the left of the pot.  That's where I dump the hot stuff.  I noticed that the shelves have a bit of droop in them.  I'll have to cut some 2x3 braces for the middle of the shelves.  I guess a 6' long shelf build with 2x3 and 3/4" plywood can only support so much weight before it begins to deform.

bQYAqJN.jpg

Edited by LimpNoodle

That second pic looks much better. I could not find anything if it was as neat as the first pic lol. I call my area an organized cluster.

Boy, some of you guys have a lot of molds! If I have a mold that doesn't get used for 2 years, off to Craigslist it goes. Have a Wobblehead that may soon be in route. Used it 3 times, no one had interest in those jigs.

Actually there's another bench right behind that one.  Just finished the top.  Going to build the shelves this weekend,health permitting.  It's going to be my temporary reloading bench for now.  I'll soon start framing in a workshop in my metal building.  The building is 30' x 60' and is where I keep my boat and truck.  Going to frame in a 8' x 24' section for a climate controlled workshop.

When it's done I plan on 18' of bench for lure building and 18' for reloading with around 10' of general space workbench.

Actually there's another bench right behind that one.  Just finished the top.  Going to build the shelves this weekend,health permitting.  It's going to be my temporary reloading bench for now.  I'll soon start framing in a workshop in my metal building.  The building is 30' x 60' and is where I keep my boat and truck.  Going to frame in a 8' x 24' section for a climate controlled workshop.

When it's done I plan on 18' of bench for lure building and 18' for reloading with around 10' of general space workbench.

That long a bench will insure your get your aerobic workout in!

I'm jealous!!!

I actually have a bunch of molds I hardly ever use and really don't have any use for.  One of these days I'll get around to thinning the herd.

I just noticed in your pic your RCBS pot has a bracket on it to help hold the mold. Got mine used and that didn't come with it. I WANT ONE lol. Would be so nice for the 8oz. molds. I can probably make the bar and get split rings to make one.

I just noticed in your pic your RCBS pot has a bracket on it to help hold the mold. Got mine used and that didn't come with it. I WANT ONE lol. Would be so nice for the 8oz. molds. I can probably make the bar and get split rings to make one.

Call RCBS.  I'll bet if you ask nicely they will send one for free.