Bass Slayer

Roboworm Injection Mold!

Well said Leonard!

As A mold maker. Even some of my suppliers have bad customer service, But I'm not gonna buy a chinese product because of that. I still will shop quality regardless.

Customer service is a Bonus in my book, Not the absolute necessity. Bob is very good at what he does, I try to model my craftsmanship after his. It is tough running a Business by yourself, I'm Lucky My wife is full time with me to complete the team. Bob, Basstackle, Myself, we could all make the cheap molds if we wanted to, and shove them out the door lightning speed. I cant speak for them, But I just cant do it. I wont sacrifice quality for quantity.

I would much rather support the Family owned hardware downtown, than Walmart.

As A mold maker. Even some of my suppliers have bad customer service, But I'm not gonna buy a chinese product because of that. I still will shop quality regardless. 

Customer service is a Bonus in my book, Not the absolute necessity. Bob is very good at what he does, I try to model my craftsmanship after his. It is tough running a Business by yourself, I'm Lucky My wife is full time with me to complete the team. Bob, Basstackle, Myself, we could all make the cheap molds if we wanted to, and shove them out the door lightning speed. I cant speak for them, But I just cant do it. I wont sacrifice quality for quantity. 

I would much rather support the Family owned hardware downtown, than Walmart.

I didn't mean to offend anyone who runs a small business, because I have been there. I can understand what you said and I don't disagree. I wasn't referring to Bob because I haven't dealt with him and from what I've seen his molds look excellent. My point was that I'd only allow the customer service aspect to go so far before I found a solution. This is a niche market, but a busy one. Sometimes we all forget that our stress is probably half the person who is providing the service. That said convenience needs to meet practicality somewhere in the middle.

• Like 1

I ran my own small business for a lot of years, and I found that customer service is what sets successful companies apart.

If you begin to grow too busy to handles orders in a timely fashion, you need to either hire more help, or tell people up front there is a wait.  Communication is the key to good customer relations, even if it means telling someone there will be a delay.  At least they know they are not being ignored.  If you can't take the time to communicate you will not be successful, because you will always be stressed.

• Like 2

This was merley my opinion. Everyone is entitled to there own. I had a guy email me one time 15 minutes after he ordered and wanted a shipping update.

The world has shifted to the "instant gratification" model Leonard.   Beyond that, they also want the supplier to design great new things, make molds, maintain machines, answer the phone, reply to emails, handle A/R and A/P,  pack and ship product and hold their hand.

Edited by bryanmc
  • Like 1

It's not instant gratification to wanna know what the is up after somebody has your money for a month. That's also not wanting somebody to "hold your hand". There's a big time difference. Wanting a shipping update after 15mins is completely ridiculous....holding somebody's money for over a month and never even making an attempt to reply to their inquiries is equally ridiculous.

Roasting a company on social media and internet forums because you have to wait for quality is equally rediculous do you not agree? Im not defending bobs practices, but I have never, ever, seen anyone not get there stuff from bob. let alone done anything to ever be called a thief... just my .02 cents...

Oh, a month is a large difference then 16 days as well.

• Like 3

Leonard made a good point, previously. He has a hard working gal working with him to take care of a lot of those mundane chores so he can work at his craft. Bob may not be as fortunate and be running things by himself. If so, anything he does takes away from filling orders.

Roasting a company on social media and internet forums because you have to wait for quality is equally rediculous do you not agree? Im not defending bobs practices, but I have never, ever, seen anyone not get there stuff from bob. let alone done anything to ever be called a thief... just my .02 cents...

Oh, a month is a large difference then 16 days as well.

Exactly. His name isn't Del LMAO (I believe I have been waiting for 2 molds since spring 2009, still haven't received em)

• Like 1

Good points. I don't have a problem waiting for a quality product, just tell me up front what to expect. Leonard, you have it posted on your home page last time I looked that you have a 14 day wait for molds. Bears has a notice posted on their home page too. I have an open order on Bears now and will wait. I disputed my charge for a BTS order after a month because they don't answer the phone or respond to inquiries. I'm not a fan of what appears to be loose business practices, and I lost my super power to read people's mind. Happy to reconsider BTS in the future, but not until they get more organized.

I've ordered and received molds from AI, Baitjunky's, and Basstackle with no problems. Leonard, keep up the great service. I like doing business with folks like you.

• Like 2

Reading through this topic and several others I've seen Del's name brought up. I ordered a mold from him a couple months ago even though I was very hesitant from seeing stuff on here but did anyway just because I couldn't find it anywhere else. I called and left a message, April called me back within the hour and wasn't sure on an answer to a question I had and said she would ask Del and call me back. A few minutes later she called back with an answer and I placed my order. I received my mold in a little under 3 weeks with a couple of emails I sent checking on status promptly answered by Del or April. I don't know if I got lucky since this is the first mold I bought from him or what, but the customer service was as good as I could have expected.

Reading through this topic and several others I've seen Del's name brought up. I ordered a mold from him a couple months ago even though I was very hesitant from seeing stuff on here but did anyway just because I couldn't find it anywhere else. I called and left a message, April called me back within the hour and wasn't sure on an answer to a question I had and said she would ask Del and call me back. A few minutes later she called back with an answer and I placed my order. I received my mold in a little under 3 weeks with a couple of emails I sent checking on status promptly answered by Del or April. I don't know if I got lucky since this is the first mold I bought from him or what, but the customer service was as good as I could have expected.

You were VERY VERY lucky. Do some digging online. 

Trust me, I read the horror stories but I had a customer wanting a certain bait that he had the mold for and when I got a live person to call me back I decided to chance it. I was fully expecting to not even get my first call returned and having to tell the customer I couldn't do the bait. I was very pleasantly surprised.

Trust me, I read the horror stories but I had a customer wanting a certain bait that he had the mold for and when I got a live person to call me back I decided to chance it. I was fully expecting to not even get my first call returned and having to tell the customer I couldn't do the bait. I was very pleasantly surprised.

He's got a mold I'd love to have, but it's difficult for me to throw a few hundred dollars at a gamble. I can deal with slow as we talked about, but not poor customer service. I almost pulled the trigger on it until I started researching and got cold feet. I may still try because he's the only one that makes the mold. But that's probably not happening soon.

He's got a mold I'd love to have, but it's difficult for me to throw a few hundred dollars at a gamble. I can deal with slow as we talked about, but not poor customer service. I almost pulled the trigger on it until I started researching and got cold feet. I may still try because he's the only one that makes the mold. But that's probably not happening soon.

If there is anything you are wanting from him take a look at LureCrafts in house aluminum molds, they are making a LOT of his molds themselves, if not they may actually sell his molds. 

• Like 1

I have placed mutiple orders with them as well. My first order I felt the exact same as you, overtime I came to understand the communication is minimal at best and it typically takes 4 weeks for the order to ship. I just placed a other order today. The molds are great. If you can wait, you'll be pleased with the product. There are other great molds providers out there who respond much faster. DM me if you'd like more info on my experiences with them.

Good luck.

I ordered a mold from bts so long ago I forgot what it was.

Payment went thru on 4th of Oct.

​Still not heard from him.

Today phone call went unanswered.

If I don't hear something by Fri. I am going to Attorney General of Arizona.

Mold arrived yesterday.  Does shoot good.

Due to his support on this board I decided to hold off with pressing complaint.