POV_Fishin

Colors

I've been snooping around here looking for info or even a discussion on the topic with little luck outside of the sticky. Where do folks get their colors from? Any favorites or some you don't like? Some colors are very close to the same and maybe making a list for people new to the lifestyle can help them avoid purchasing the same thing. In my little exp I've seen some Pumpkin Seeds that are really close to Watermelon Browns. Notably the Do It x2 in those colors are pretty close. For someone who's making for themselves maybe one or the other could save them a few bucks.

If you are just looking for colors think about this not all colors are the same and not all people see colors the same. Green pumpkin is all over the place, some are transparent some opaque. Watermelons is another one. Trying to match a factory color is a real hit and miss. They can buy colors from many places or compound there own. Making a list for colors that are close sounds ok to save the new guy a few bucks but what if the info was wrong? Or what if you want a color but more opaque, there might be one out there but you read something somewhere and you won't try it. Also how much you use is another factor to the way a color looks. Basically saying there is nothing like having it your self and making the choice for your self. Wait till you get a color that's very popular with you and it changes from batch to batch. Spikeit and Mf do a real good job at keeping colors consistant. Some are thick and some thin, but keep in mind if it is thick it is hard to keep mixed and it requires a lot of shaking or stirring, thin ones are easy to mix but need to use a lot to get your color right. Let me tell you stirring colorant is a pain and makes a mess most of the time, at least for me. Do like most of us have done and buy a little at a time and get a real life view of the color. Don't let others make it for you.

If you are just looking for colors think about this not all colors are the same and not all people see colors the same. Green pumpkin is all over the place, some are transparent some opaque. Watermelons is another one. Trying to match a factory color is a real hit and miss. They can buy colors from many places or compound there own. Making a list for colors that are close sounds ok to save the new guy a few bucks but what if the info was wrong? Or what if you want a color but more opaque, there might be one out there but you read something somewhere and you won't try it. Also how much you use is another factor to the way a color looks. Basically saying there is nothing like having it your self and making the choice for your self. Wait till you get a color that's very popular with you and it changes from batch to batch. Spikeit and Mf do a real good job at keeping colors consistant. Some are thick and some thin, but keep in mind if it is thick it is hard to keep mixed and it requires a lot of shaking or stirring, thin ones are easy to mix but need to use a lot to get your color right. Let me tell you stirring colorant is a pain and makes a mess most of the time, at least for me. Do like most of us have done and buy a little at a time and get a real life view of the color. Don't let others make it for you.

I understand what you mean here. I was thinking more along the lines that someone looking for something specific and had a hard time deciding maybe some insight from people could help clarify. 

Now I myself have a question hopefully someone knows an answer to lol. Are the M-F colors pretty good? I'm looking for a Transparent ish red and I have lurepartsonline's magazine in front of me here at work.

Now I myself have a question hopefully someone knows an answer to lol. Are the M-F colors pretty good?

I was a huge fan of many of their colors.  Like Frank said, some are really hit and miss.  Stay away from pumpkin and most of their fluorescent colors.  In your case, though, flo pink might be the transparent red you're looking for. 

• Like 1

I was a huge fan of many of their colors.  Like Frank said, some are really hit and miss.  Stay away from pumpkin and most of their fluorescent colors.  In your case, though, flo pink might be the transparent red you're looking for. 

I appreciate the help there. They don't post any pictures of the colors just label what they carry which makes it the ultimate game of duck-duck-goose.

You can always thin a red to get to be transparent-ish.

I'm out of red and figured that since the order that has my red on it wont be here for a while, and I'm always thinning red, I'd try something different. Looks like i'll grab some x2 red and carry on. Have you ever had a difficult time telling yourself that you can't order every color available ? lol