kentjackson

New To Painting Spinner Blades. Latex Or Oil? Procedures?

Glade to have you here. However the site is divided up in different specialties. You question is for the wire forum.

Go to the top of the screen and you'll see forums. Go there scroll down and find wire baits and ask.

Airbrush depends on the detail tho. A descent brush like a Iwata or Paashe will get you there. It's the needle size from that point. Let them finish helping you.

Dale

I paint metal lures with acrylic latex and then coat them with Dick Nite S81 moisture cured urethane. The Dick Nite actually soaks through the paint and bonds with the metal, forming a very durable finish. If all I wanted to do was paint blades and wanted the most professional job possible, I would buy Dick Nite solvent based lacquer paint, followed by his S81 urethane topcoat (aka Fishermun's Lure Coat). Somef crankbait makers might suggest coating with epoxy as a topcoat. Don't do it, epoxy is too heavy and will wear off the edges of a blade very quickly. Using moisture cured urethane has its own problems. It is very hard to store without "going off" and hardening in the storage container. It's not cheap. It also has a very active solvent that likes to bubble if applied too thickly or over a paint that isn't absolutely dried. But if you want durable finish that looks and acts like a factory finish, it is. You can buy Dick Nite products at a discount if you acces his website via a link provided to TU'ers, which you can use the search function to find. Dick can also probably give you tips on how to apply his finishes via his website. His main business is producing and selling metal spoons. I'm sure there are other ways to paint blades. Suggest querying the Wire Baits forum for another perspective.