rynesgto

Do It 3.5 Inch Tube Mold

I have 4 of them...they shoot well and make a perfect bait. I make them hollow and with the thicker head for Texas rigging.

When you first start shooting the mold rub a little worm oil on the spline to help the legs to fill completely. After it gets hot you don't need to do this.

To shoot a 2 color bait, shoot the tail color first. LEAVE IT ON THE SPLINE. Then cut the body off just above the legs. Put it back in the mold and shoot the body color. Spiffy!

I getting ready to buy the 4 inch taper tube from angling ai myself. Makes 5 at a time & you can get an extra set of mandrels to speed things up if wanted.

As long as you understand that you still need to cut the tails after they are a great mold, best tube molds going (I've owned them all at one point or another) 

As long as you understand that you still need to cut the tails after they are a great mold, best tube molds going (I've owned them all at one point or another) 

Yes Dave i do. I will also be ordering the tail cutter from lurecraft. Thanks

Edited by Les Young

I can't imagine why I would buy a tube mold where I had to cut the tails!

Cutting tails is a major pain in the butt!....no matter how you do it.

Because no matter what you do, a fully molded tube will never have the look or action that a cut tube does. Been there and done that, I'm currently able to cut 500 - 800 tubes per hour. Wouldn't exactly call it a pain in the butt. So many on here take so much time to create amazing looking baits, injecting a bait 2-3 times for crazy laminates, adding eyes, painting then dipping and yet some of those same people (not directing this at you DaBehr) scoff at the notion of having to cut the tails on a tube. I said the same thing once and here I am sitting and cutting 2000-3000 at a time. 

Edited by DaveMc1

I caught over 40 smallmouth last Saturday night in the full moon while my buddys fishing with me caught less then 20 on jigs together. Needless to say they want me to hurry & get the tube mold. Lol I love fishing tubes for smallmouth needless to say & am very confident when I'm fishing one as it is one of my top fishing strengths.

Tubes certainly outfish any other lure on the system I fish when the water drops to 58 or less. I used to hate tubes until I discovered stupid rigging now I will be producing them.

DaveMC1, could you share how and what. you use to get that kind of production cutting tails. I need to get setup to do that type of volume.

Thanks

Tubes certainly outfish any other lure on the system I fish when the water drops to 58 or less. I used to hate tubes until I discovered stupid rigging now I will be producing them.

DaveMC1, could you share how and what. you use to get that kind of production cutting tails. I need to get setup to do that type of volume.

Thanks

http://www.tackleunderground.com/community/topic/32109-anglers-choice-tube-cutter-from-baitjunkies/

Here is my tube cutter.