goldenshinner

Source For Basspro Fishing Rod Guides Repair

I'd like to thank Washougal for straightening me out. I was wrong about the ring size. I use a plastic template that has studs that you can slip the broken eye over to check the size and it is layed out in 64th. The part I forgot is, on the back of the template is a conversion chart to mm. The template is available from Mudhole.com . Thanks again.

Interesting..I'd thought I'd share..Berkeley,Fenwick and AbuGarcia share same stainless guides ss304..so if for those that think bekley makes crap,it might not be top.shelf,but for sure value priced..many of the berkeys I've got are indestructible...e-glass,bionix,e-cat,and some are just good for value..cheery wood..lightning stick,...so I now find that netcraft carries the ss304 in gold ,silver,and black but don't see titanium version for sale that's used on some berkleys.

What a f...g joke, i finally get my order of rod guide. im sure some of the guys that work there are on this forum. i had to call cause it was taking a long time. find out they just shipped the other day, because they needed time to strip parts off of rods. what i got doesn't look anywhere close to the original.  the whole reason i went to trouble of ordering from bass pro/outdoor world rod reel  Repair was to get the right matching guides. wrong style, even slightly wrong size... they cut parts from totally different rod. its funny cause i gave them the model and year number for the rods.. with exception of the tip tops, everything in the order is completely wrong.if i had one rod to repair i might not notice, but ive got a dozen all laying side by side so i know what they should look like.i might need advice where to order these guides directly..ill try to measure sizes ...i need to figure out the style of pac bay guide...im not an expert just an enthusiast.

here is i picture of my problem. sorry i have had computer access problems, should have done this first. the top two images are the bassPro Cat Maxx rod with what (Outdoor Rod and Reel) sent me are the lose black guides. completely different. took two weeks, i called and someone said it took longer cause they had to find a rod to cut guides off. bottom picture is the stainless guides "ss304" that im infatuated with from berkley. some are titanium some are i think just chrome. i cant tell titanium from chrome, they look almost identical. ive now collected hundreds of these as cut offs before i realized mudhole stocks them, and they are not expensive. laugh it up, cheep guides but tough as nails. all metal, seem compatible with super lines, and indestructible. superior in many ways.

i still need help finding the black guides from bass pro "Cat Maxx" rods... they are kinda tall and thin narrow. im green at rod building. so i dont know model to look for.??

http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/rr126/shimizunet/cat%20maxx%20bass%20pro%20rod%20and%20ss304%20guides.jpg