GrindStoneLures

Silent Lipless Blanks

Drill a small hole and inject a drop or two of epoxy. Roll the ball around until it is well coated. The prop it up to put the ball in the forward position. Then seal the hole. 

Rattles in lipless lures were origionaly the result of an accident. The ball was fixed in place at first so they were silent. Evidently some got broke in shipping or when being used. They were so effective with the rattles that fishermen were taking the lure out of the box and banging the nose on the store shelf to free up the nose weight. The next thing you know, the manufacturer was getting all these returns of lures with broken noses. When the manufacturers contacted the dealers and discovered what was going on, they decided to make them that way on purpose. Now we have rattles in almost all our lures.

• Like 2

Drill a small hole and inject a drop or two of epoxy. Roll the ball around until it is well coated. The prop it up to put the ball in the forward position. Then seal the hole.

Rattles in lipless lures were origionaly the result of an accident. The ball was fixed in place at first so they were silent. Evidently some got broke in shipping or when being used. They were so effective with the rattles that fishermen were taking the lure out of the box and banging the nose on the store shelf to free up the nose weight. The next thing you know, the manufacturer was getting all these returns of lures with broken noses. When the manufacturers contacted the dealers and discovered what was going on, they decided to make them that way on purpose. Now we have rattles in almost all our lures.

PIA? So wondering maybe if I fill them to where bearings or in this case rattles won't move rather than removing them, maybe work?...

I'm just trying to judge the big jump before doing so!

I really don't mind

I meant PITA as in pain in the a$$.

Give it a try and let us know how it works.

David