Painter1

Delmart

There was a particular couple of molds I wanted some more of, and they are made by Del. I was reluctant to order direct, but since LC doesn't carry them any more I sent a message to Del.

I was diplomatic but expressed my concern with past reputation of slow to no delivery of orders. I was promised delivery in 2 weeks.

He has someone named April helping and the service and communication was excellent. Molds have been delivered ahead of schedule and look great. Will shoot some baits with them this week.

• Like 3

There was a particular couple of molds I wanted some more of, and they are made by Del. I was reluctant to order direct, but since LC doesn't carry them any more I sent a message to Del.

I was diplomatic but expressed my concern with past reputation of slow to no delivery of orders. I was promised delivery in 2 weeks.

He has someone named April helping and the service and communication was excellent. Molds have been delivered ahead of schedule and look great. Will shoot some baits with them this week.

April is his wife and has always been helping him  :wink: (at least she was 8 years ago when I last ordered from him)

I've bought a mold from del a few months ago. Shoots perfect so I ordered 4 more a few weeks ago and I finally shot some tonight and they are coming out with a dust residue. Sorry if I'm thread jacking just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

He could be dusting the mold cavities with a poisonous powder to eradicate all the people that he has screwed in the past...  :mad: 

I'm just kidding here... the dust residue in the cavities is just from De-burring and sanding the mold faces after machining. One or two shots in the mold will clean all the residual dust. 

He probably isn't busy is why the molds are being shipped quickly too but I will say no more.  What I will say is if anyone has a mold they would like but do not want to order from him, I will be happy to look at it and if it is something I add to our stock line up, we will not charge a design fee, only the mold cost.  I would need a copy of the bait or borrow the mold itself so we can make our version of it.  We have several molds that we converted to LureCraft molds.

"I would need a copy of the bait or borrow the mold itself so we can make our version of it. We have several molds that we can make our version of it"

Copyright infringement?

Cant copyright a mold. It would be Patent infringement. First, the original mold designer would have to apply and be granted a patent on the design or function of the bait. Then they would have to enforce it. 

As of right now I am not aware of any of the mold makers available to us that hold a patent on any of the molds being sold, it would plain cost too much to get into that.