Painter1

Delmart

I followed up on your post having never heard of Sweat Beaver and low and behold I have it made by DO-IT they call it Beaver Style Bug.

Seems to be little honor among thieves.

Yeah but but Del down right copied every detail DO-IT has a not so quite knock-off and of course they cannot call it sweet beaver! I'm even surprised that they would use the term "beaver style"

Franz (I think that was his name.  I only ever talked to him once.) said he had a patent on the Sweet Beaver.  The Reaction Innovations site shows a patent number on the bottom of the page.  He sent out lots of cease and desist notices. 

"SWEET BEAVER PATENT # D515, 176S" 

I just tried to look it up and couldn't find it. 

Andre Moore owns RI and the patents on the beaver. I am almost certain Zorn Molds cut their molds, if not there have been a couple other companies that were concentrating on production molds around that time as well. 

Yep thats the way I remember it being told, he/they were pretty adamant even about the word beaver if it applied to plastic baits if I remember those discussions back then.

Yep thats the way I remember it being told, he/they were pretty adamant even about the word beaver if it applied to plastic baits if I remember those discussions back then.

Well, he does own the trademark on "Beaver" as it relates to fishing lures. I would pursue it as well if I owned it. 

I think if someone invents/develops something unique and gets a patent/copyright, they should be protected from unlicensed copiers  making money off it.  Otherwise it's just theft.

Fair's fair.

I agree Mark. There's a lot of time and effort that goes into getting a patent. Not to mention how much it costs.

Ben

• Like 1

I think if someone invents/develops something unique and gets a patent/copyright, they should be protected from unlicensed copiers  making money off it.  Otherwise it's just theft.

Fair's fair.

Ever wonder why Yamamoto never patented the senko, he just copyrighted the name? 

Do not ask me what year is was because I honestly don't remember (somewhere around 2009.   Del had his annual sale.   Cant remember if it was a buy one get one deal   or a buy one get half off deal.    What I remember was ordering $1500 in molds.   I was told because of the nature of my order being (1 of this mold, 2 of this mold, 3 of this one, etc) that he would need a month to fill,   1 month later no molds.     By his next November sale, I had only received 1/2 of my order and was sent along with a  nasty email a check for about 1/2 of what I was owed.   

If I have a bad experience with a company, I usually would not put it out there for public review.    However, the year worth of lies and not getting for reimbursement of my funds allows me to at least say I will not do business with him again..    I will say he had or has excellent molds.    But the work ethics and customer service were poor.

Ron 

• Like 3