Centigrade

Holographic Scales

Thanks dale, but i don't feel bad ! May look odd in pic but very close to what i was aiming for, i.e injured, knocked about scale look. This can be a trigger for feeding  pike. Those two claimed already ,got two more variations on turner using slightly different technique. Not everyone's taste ,but i like em. Cheers.

Just to add dale,this was a side experiment while foiling some lures ,centigrade happened to post question about holo scales which interested me ,so  i made a couple prototypes. I did mention I had different effect in mind but would try few ideas out.  won't post pic of new variations unless of use to centigrade or anyone else.  Beauty in the eye of the  beholder ,or hopefully some big old pike! P.s not able to edit out multiple pics . 

Gliders you know me I try not to do any harm to no one. Matter of fact I defend everyone's ideas. 

Some how people reads my mind and think my last post as me being rud.......please don't. I was making comment on the multiple pics happening and Glider writing Oooops. Everybody please read this.... I was NOT  referring to your baits. I don't do that!

That's the problem about texting, forum and such. Reading could be takin wrong. I do not friend someone that I don't respect. Also I made comments in the gallery about your quality of work. 

No apologies from me, because I did not mean anything by it. Just playing with your...Ooops. 

TU take care, I'm over this.

Dale

• Like 2

Of course dale ,as a friend ,i knew instantly what you meant , stay with this,i appreciate and value your opinions.....but just for good measure i should warn you my latest scale prototype is curing and will post tomorrow night, you maybe should avert your eye's or put on shades ! Eys popping , and one is  so ugly even i can't look at it !:o

O.k dale,life's to short and I would like to try and develop this scale effect further,so if yourself or anyone else can chip in some idea's it's appreciated. Till now i have only used what I had handy- I think an adhesive backed holo material would work better than transfer foil i had to hand. On latest proto which will be finished tomorrow, i have used silver venture tape and holo scales over holo foil. Showing promise. What I would like to figure out is some way of achieving mixed lines of scales like some lucky craft lures have without having to apply each scale individually. ..any ideas guy's? 

• Like 1

Some good possibilities there stretcher 66,looked at nail stuff before but seen nothing i fancy, spotted couple of definite possibles there  though, good stuff ! , I have another just about done with different method , scales applied after 1st qnd 2nd topcoat, then more clear. This time the base is holo foil, with silver and holo scales over this. My aim was a damaged knocked about sardine type effect . As this is varying from original post slightly because I also added some silver scales I am jot sure if i should post pic here or put in gallery. If the powers that be advise, i will post pic shortly to illustrate,  thanks .....glider

• Like 1

Here's something you might try Gliders.

If your wanting to mix say gold or silver scales with some holo scales then you could stack some different types of foil on top of one another. These could be taped together around the edges so they wouldn't slip. Then take a razor blade and cut out the size and shape of the scales you want. By stacking the foil on top of one another and cutting through all thicknesses at the same time the scale on top would be the same size, and shape, as the scale directly below it. These could then be fitted together in whatever pattern you wanted. It would be a lot of tedious work, but it should accomplish what your talking about.

Ben

Thanks ben, latest version has silver and holo, i can fold these several times and using punch i can  make 2 ,4,8, even 16 at a time...lure not cured yet ,so will take pic tomorrow to show effect. I have a few more ideas to improve look and process. May have to put on back burner cause the pike are a  biting over here ! ........glider

I will ben . Ok. Last scale proto for now, going to go back to it though with far better results. Still trying to explain reason for twinkling holo scales everywhere. Punched out lots of various sizes, then spent time sorting and putting correct way up . Placed on card behind mini mobile lure turner on sitting room table i use for odd prototype while watching t.v- forgot about scales and while giving proto burst of heat gun I managed to spread probably 100 or more scales evenly about room...next night- done it again ! Aarhhh. Said i decorated carpets for Christmas  (worth a shot) ... anyway this is holo and silver scales over holo foil.' Busted sardine'- like i say, when i get back to it I will be using different materials ,patterns and processes, centigrade also going to experiment when he gets bits and bob's  ..............glider

20161208_123903.jpg

20161208_123712-1.jpg

20161208_123537-1.jpg

20161208_124807-1.jpg

20161208_123537-1.jpg

20161208_124345-1.jpg

• Like 1