mark poulson

Rustoleum 2X Gloss Clear

:) I used it for a lot of my baits when I started Mark. It held up pretty good and still is on what I have left or what some others have. It gives a shiny look but not a deep clear look. I know this will take a lot of time, but if you give it a try let me know how it's doing for you.

I put a second layer on when the first is still tacky. I normally put 4 coates on. I'm like DB it's very fast drying. I started using KBS and has some DN that I use. I haven't decided which one I like the best yet. I have a bait with Rustoleum on it that is 10 months old and has not turned yellow. I used it from early spring through the summer so it's done pretty dang good. The coat is a little wore but ok. I may put another couple of coates over it and see how it does. It still swims well and gets one here and there.

Dale

• Like 1

:) I used it for a lot of my baits when I started Mark. It held up pretty good and still is on what I have left or what some others have. It gives a shiny look but not a deep clear look. I know this will take a lot of time, but if you give it a try let me know how it's doing for you.

I put a second layer on when the first is still tacky. I normally put 4 coates on. I'm like DB it's very fast drying. I started using KBS and has some DN that I use. I haven't decided which one I like the best yet. I have a bait with Rustoleum on it that is 10 months old and has not turned yellow. I used it from early spring through the summer so it's done pretty dang good. The coat is a little wore but ok. I may put another couple of coates over it and see how it does. It still swims well and gets one here and there.

Dale

Dale,

I have some slow rise cranks that I want to use it on, to keep the weight down.

Thanks for the info.

If needed Mark try Crystal Clear Super Gloss. This is what I use on jigs it's in a aerosol and I have also used it on cranks right over Createx and Wicked with no problems as long as I let the paints set up over night. I put it on to quick and the paint cracked, grrr.

I couldn't remember the name last night so I went out and check. Both do just fine IMO.

There was a post recently about a popular clear coat that was now available in an aerosol can. I'm having a "senior moment" right now :huh: and can't remember which one it was so maybe someone else can do the remembering for me.

Ben

P.S. Found it. The search feature is a wonderful thing. :teef: Here's a link to the thread.

http://www.tackleunderground.com/community/topic/32103-kbs-diamond-clear-coat-aerosol-can-update/

Edited by RayburnGuy
  • Like 1

It is good to know. I keep my cranks away from other baits only because I'll lay them in box separate. Bad thing is I will lay poles with baits on them that could lay on another. I also had some thoughts about a hybrid bait. I won't use rustoleum on these. I have read something about this type of reaction, well melt down.

Did the plastic react to the clear?

I heard, now I wonder will LPO will carry this to. I would say that it has to show the use of the product.

I'll say this to LPO. I deal with them on a lot of their products like many of us do and there is a few that LPO doesn't carry. It would be nice for them to do this, it's much nicer to deal with one vendor then many.

Example, water base paints (Wicked or Createx), now aerosol KBS. This is just a few that I believe would be big sellers at a right price. I also understand that some times the two companies can't come to a understanding.

Just my two,

Dale