porkmeatballs

No Microwave/stove?

All soft plastisols need to be heated to activate them basically. If you really want to get into this your best bet would be to hit up a goodwill or other similar thrift store and buy a used cheap microwave, then grab a couple pyrex cups, butter knife, infrared thermometer and protective gloves and go to town

• Like 1

Buy a microwave & some pyrex cups. You'll be glad you did. I bought one & now have several 1 & 2 cup pyrex cups, a digital thermometer, several spoons etc.  I now have several molds of baits & trailers that i  constantly use for myself & don't regret it a bit. .Infact i just bought a tube mold tonight & a plastic cutter to cut the tails.    It's an expensive hobby, but a rewarding one as i haven't bought any baits  since i started injecting my own & got the molds i wanted. My buddys get  most of theirs from me too since they pretty much use the  same things i do. I started assembling my own spinnerbaits & jigs last year to suit me too. There's nothing like catching fish on your own stuff. Especially when you stop at tackle shops & only need a little   dye for your  tails. Needless to say the walls of my garage look like bass pro shops.  lol

Edited by Les Young
  • Like 1

Yeah, just get a cheap microwave off of Craigslist. If you're not willing to spend that little bit of money for a dedicated micro and Pyrex cups then just continue buying baits. This is a very expensive hobby. Don't think you are gonna save money making your own baits. It is much cheaper in reality to just find baits on sale or buy them off of Facebook auction sites for cheap.