Sign in to follow this  
kellure

new designs

9 posts in this topic

kellure    1

Heres some new lures that I've been working on, kind of different. Just finished them, pics never seem to do lures justice, plus its hard to get them to smile :D Any feedback is welcome.

KL

kellure    1

"fearsomly-baddass-awesome"...best compliment I can get on those two lures, kind of what I was shooting for.

I was striving for some type of gutteral reaction, but at the same time have them kewl' and fishable. The pics really dont do justice to the clear coats and leopard. I guess I wont take pics in the morning sun any longer???

Re: the process, white base coat any lure. I tried to choose ones that were similar in nature to a snake, long and slender, hence a husky jerk... and leopard, long, thin waist with the strong chest look, a rapala. The actual scaled and spotted look are around the arm tattoos...the temporary kind that you wet and press for 30 secs. I basically cut them in the shape of the lure from belly to back on both sides and then applied them w/water by using a wet q-tip to press them onto the bait. I did some test runs last week to make sure they'd adhere to a bait and they do, quickly!!! Theres no going back once its on. I used the hair dryer to speed up the dry time. Then I basically looked for snake and leopard pics on the internet and mixed paint til I matched the colors of the tattoos and creatures. I added some darkness to the backs and eye areas to get that "fearsome" look :) and I made the under bellies and nose areas more lite in color. Used red and orange 3-d eyes and added a hefty devcon clearcoat. Thats all, heres a shot of them both together.

Thanks for compliments and feedbacks, you fellers with the life like fish decal work helped inspire my creativity with these 2 lures no doubt. Many thanks!

KL