ribeye

Junebug Senkos

Hmmm. Looks like the do it essential senko and has a rough finish. The hog is a CNC and has a super smooth finish giving a different appearance and changes how the light moves through the bait. Also different thickness of baits will change the way color appears.

+1... agree that texture on that Senko isn't helping.... textured baits have a more matte/dark feel.

J.

I used Skimp's mod on the mold with relative success. I don't know how to post a link, but search softbaits for "Do-it essential molds" and there is a post from Darkman Prado with a tutorial vid for modifying the mold with"Hi-temp Engine Enamel."  It helped me with the cloudy colored surface common with the Essential series molds.

What colorant are you using? When i tried using lurerworks violet 193 in my junebug which is what spikeit claimed was used in zooms junebug  nowadays they would turn a red tint due to the violet being very heat sensitive.I forget what the exact name was, but that is the only color i've had to do it.  It would aslo do it worse the hotter the mold got. I've used their junebug 125 & lurecrafts black grape both for mine now & never have a problem. Just a thought.

Edited by Les Young

I have zooms actual recipe. I promise you it does not have violet in it. This is not a recipe I devised, it is a recipe right out of one of there producers books.

Blue and purple is all you need.

Thanks Leonard. I have been using lureworks junebug 125 & lurecraft black grape, but i'll try the blue & purple thing. Be nice to know how many drops of each  in say 6 ounces of your medium. Hint hint. lol

Edited by Les Young