BHLures

Custom Molds

Hey guys, finally signed up after lurking for quite some time.

I'm ready to have custom molds cut from my design after finally getting it just how I want it.

Does anyone have experiences with CNC Molds n Stuff they could share? Any mold makers you've had great results with?

I've purchased stock molds from 4 or 5 of the usual suspects but nothing custom until now.

Any help or comments are appreciated.

(I did a search on them and didn't get much)

His videos on FB sealed the deal for me. No one else I talked to could even show me a sample of a similar mold, much less a video showing it in action.

Bass Tackle and BTS are the only other companies I have seen produce a slide bar mold (hand injection). The last time I had a quote from Bass Tackle I was told they won't make slide bar molds any more so that leaves Bob. Leonard is the only one I have seen that makes them the same way a large automated production mold is made with a slide bar across the body and the rear gates allowing the mold to be shot in both solid/laminates and fire tails. It does come at a cost but at least you don't have to worry much about the bond between the tail and body. 

• Like 1

Bass Tackle and BTS are the only other companies I have seen produce a slide bar mold (hand injection). The last time I had a quote from Bass Tackle I was told they won't make slide bar molds any more so that leaves Bob. Leonard is the only one I have seen that makes them the same way a large automated production mold is made with a slide bar across the body and the rear gates allowing the mold to be shot in both solid/laminates and fire tails. It does come at a cost but at least you don't have to worry much about the bond between the tail and body.

Yeah Leonard's slide bar setup is exactly what I wanted. Three other mold makers tried to talk me into tail molds instead - I've already made my own. I want what I want, not what they want to make lol. I talked to Sarah at BT this spring about adding slide bars and making adjustments to a mold they have, she said they would do it but we're running at least 3 months out before she would even discuss it further. They were supposed to call me some time in Sept but never heard from them. I still plan on calling them back at some point for that project so I hope they're still interested in doing it. Bob at Bobs tackle shack does great work, I have several of his molds and love them. I was just scared to use him based on experience with difficulty reaching him. I think they're all good at what they do at the end of the day but I do feel I have the right guy though.

• Like 2