woodsac

Photo Finish Concept

I know a lot of you guys are doing the photo lures now. They all look really good!

One thing I've noticed though, is that they all mimick fish. I would love to see some photo finishes of mice or bees or a junebug. Maybe even a dragonfly? I know they might not be as proportional as the 'bait fish' designs, but still nice to the eye and I'm sure effective!

You might even be able to take a pic of nice hand tied fly and wrap it around a piece of wood. It would give you a chance to get the baits that the fish are so aggresive towards on the surface, down where the fish are when they're not feeding on topwater.

Just a thought. If anyone has any already or does some, I would love to see them!

Hey Kellure,

Those are some sweet paint jobs. Your site is just as awesome and show cases your lures well. Nice flash design.

The press on tattoos... how well do they wrap and conform? I've seen the tattoo paper available for inkjet printers and was gonna get some before I found the water slide decals.

Woodsac, Fallen birds decals on bird shaped lure bodies is an idear I've had for a while lol. Those and jeweled scarab beetles done in metal foil. :D

Tight lines,

Shawn

The tattoos actually do okay in re: to conforming to the bait. I started on the thickest part of the bait, get the tattoo position, wet the q-tip, hold down the corners as best I can, and wet the "white paper backing"...it doesnt take very much water at all and the tattoo slides free of the paper backing. In actually sticks better on the lure than on my kids :D

Can you recommend a good printer, am on the verge of getting a multipurpose this weekend. Also, thanks on the site, it was a lot of fun putting it together...I've checked all of ya'lls sites out many times, enjoy them all. Good luck with that big cloud of wind and rain off the coast, all too familiar with them.

KL

www.customluresunlimited.com

Kellure

I've had great success with HP photo printers. The P1000 is a workhorse and you can get one for under 100.00 now. That's inkjet. I'm sure the newer models are even better. Cartridges are easily refilled.

I can't recommend a laser printer as I've never owned one. Some models will print white and thats a great feature if you want your graphics to stand out on darker backgrounds. Not sure about color cartidge prices though.

Tight lines,

Shawn

im actually building my own dragonfly lure. i was thinkin the same thing. i always realized that dragonflies and other insects where a forage of bass and other freshwater species that were largely ignored by lure designers. my dragonfly is going to be a floating popper very similar to the river2sea model but with a more natural dying the the water action. theirs wobbles like a jitterbug and while it looks like a damn good lure..dragonflies dont wobble. they freak out in the water in spastic twitches..and that draws in fish..i cupped the face so it'll spit water like a popper.the wings are hard thin plastic. the body is a mix of balsa wood and balsa foam. the pattern on the wings..well..thats my own little trade secret..lets just say it looks pretty real. :wink: i had a question pertaining to paints. i want very shiny metallic colors..like youd see on living dragonflies. but ive had little luck in finding any. if anyone knows how to make them let me know!