Super Ron

Quick Clip Blades

Something like or similar to Secret Weapon Lures is what I am looking for.   But I pretty sure Secret Weapon was sold and they are not producing spinner baits any longer.    I may be wrong but I had talked to someone there earlier this year and he said the company was in the process of being sold.

Ron

Ron, you can use the belly hanger on a crank to add a swivel and blade.  Most crankbaits swim with a nose down attitude, so you blade will be able to turn without hitting the body.  Just swap out the belly treble for the swivel and blade.  If you still want the belly treble, you can embed another hook hanger behind it, half way to the tail, and add your swivel/blade there.  You'll find out pretty quickly whether the additional blade will foul with the trebles, and you can just remove it if it does.

• Like 1

Check secretweaponlures.com

Yep.  I think way back in the day Bob Rickard had a patent on that system.  I'd have to ask Joe H if that patent is still current or not.  I am pretty sure you can order spare blades already on the wires directly from SWL.  They're not as cheap as bulk blades, but if your goal is to go fishing it may be the way to go.  I have a few packages of their blades setup and ready to go hanging on my bait wall. 

Edited by Bob La Londe
  • Like 1