CNC Molds N Stuff

Plastisol Safe Paint/coatings.

The AC1315 concrete sealer does not.  It melts when in prolonged (overnight) contact with any thing made from plastisol.

Spray-on insulation is the same.  I tried that when I wanted to get a soft skin on my swimbaits.

I've just used some Rustoleum X2 clear on a few PVC cranks.  Someone posted here that it also melts when in contact with plastisol, so I'm keeping them separate, too.

I stopped using vinyl paint on my jigs because the skirt and collars seemed to melt the paint, too.

That's my list of things that are a problem.

Epoxy uses denatured alcohol as a solvent, so it doesn't seem to affect paints.  I've never had a problem with anything I used it on.  Red and chartreuse sharpies need to be sealed before coating. I heat set the sharpie colors, and then I use a clear Createx as a barrier.

Solarez will make all solvent-based sharpie colors run, because it uses acetone, or some kind of "tone" solvent.  I've only used it as either a wood sealer before painting a balsa bait, or as a top coat over finished baits.  A clear Createx as a barrier works with this, too.

I have use both over water-based air brush paints with no problems.

Epoxy uses denatured alcohol as a solvent, so it doesn't seem to affect paints.  I've never had a problem with anything I used it on.  Red and chartreuse sharpies need to be sealed before coating. I heat set the sharpie colors, and then I use a clear Createx as a barrier.

Solarez will make all solvent-based sharpie colors run, because it uses acetone, or some kind of "tone" solvent.  I've only used it as either a wood sealer before painting a balsa bait, or as a top coat over finished baits.  A clear Createx as a barrier works with this, too.

I have use both over water-based air brush paints with no problems.

where do you buy the clear createx?  Can it be brushed on?  I have a problem with with epoxy

lifting the edges of holographic adhesive tapes, so coating the edges of tape might solve this

problem.

• Like 1