Beer&Bass

A Roll Tide Thank You From Central Alabama!

Hey fellas my name is Eric, im 27 and I'm from central Alabama. I've been endlessly scouring these these forums with boyish enthusiasm soaking up more information regarding hard baits than I could have fathomed existed, lol. I tried pine once, and then went and bought a cheap piece of pvc trim board, and haven't looked back. Turned out some decent crank, one of which has caught 5 fish in a couple outings. Just want to thank everyone who contributes to this amazing forum. Ive been wanting to post but was so in awe of yalls work, figured I should put my time in on the search forum and in the bathtub with good ole trial and error. I owe everything I know to the TU community, and wanted to send special thank you to Mark Poulson for his ever persistent recommendation to make if easy on yourself and get some PVC.lol.no questions at the moment just a thank you to all of yall, and y'all were right I'm a certified homemade junkie, and I couldn't be more pleased with my new found "disease". If anyone else is from the Montgomery or river region area holler at me, would love to Meet some people with the same passion for the overall sport as I have.. thanks men and remember if all else fails just go fishin

Welcome to TU Eric. And give yourself a pat on the back for using the search feature and reading what has already been posted. :yay:

Glad to hear your making good progress with the PVC, but just keep in mind that it's not the answer to everything. In certain situations wood will do things PVC won't.

Ben

• Like 1

Appreciate it guys.. And no it isn't new just the kind attached to a stick to wave around at games lol. I do want to diversify into some wood builds, but the pvc seems to be the best for someone starting out, at least in my opinion, just for the ability to negate the water intrusion issue completely, and ability to easily manipulate ballast so on. Not to mention the price for a stick of the trim board 8 ft piece for $8 or so. Although I can completely understand the satisfaction level of building a productive wooden lure may be higher due to its natural qualities and historic folklore. All I know is at the end of the day it's just pretty damn sweet to rip lips with a bait that you yourself make. I just thought I had an attachment to a bait that costs $10 from the store, not quite the same I must say. Search feature is great even if it doesn't produce results you are looking for initially, it often leads to discussions that help in other areas. If I lived in CA I probably would have better things to do than yell roll tide too lol.

I will certainly agree with the snake on that one lol.. As of now though it's hard for an Alabama fan to conversate upon "other teams" in college football, because at this point the Tide is on its on level... but at the end of the day my girlfriend is an auburn graduate, so it's common for "house divided" tags on the fronts of cars around here.

My wife's entire family with the exception of my wife and her aunt who both went to Auburn like I did, went to either Alabama or UAB. So needless to say we're outnumbered but that's alright we have a good time with it. Unfortunately for my team I don't see anything really changing until Malzahn finds another ringer of a quarterback as it is painfully obvious to me that he and the OC can't develop a QB on their own.

Following the trends of the past few years, it's my thought if Auburn loses badly in the bowl game and doesn't perform well next season he will be fired. Part of that is this culture of "I want success and I want it now" that we have in the SEC where everyone expects new coaches to come in and just win somewhat like Saban did at Alabama but that's just not practical. The job Saban has done at Alabama is phenomenal. From top to bottom that entire program is top notch and the depth Saban has been able to build in all facets of the game (minus his kicker!) is truly impressive and the envy of every team in the country.