Paden22

Wood Swimbait To Resin Swimbait Mold

Hey guys I make  6.5" and 8.5" swimbaits made out of poplar wood and they have incredible action.  However, I am debating on cutting down on the time of carving all of these out and switching to resin.  I have no clue how to get started on this or what the best/optimal process is for converting my wood baits to resin.

I dont know what resin I need, what mold making/silicone material I need.  Should I cut the wood blank into segments before casting the mold and then piece it together after the resin one is cast?  Or should I cut the resin into segments after it is cast?

Can anyone give me a step by step process that works for them?  Or maybe even a video?  

Thanks,
Paden

Check out solarbaits' videos on YouTube. He is very skilled and has a video on how to make a two part silicon mold that will easily turn your wooden baits into resin. I have used his techniques to make two part POP molds for large soft plastic Muskie baits.

You have already done all the hard work in designing your bait.