FLIPPY

Scents

Hey..to my pouring freak friends..Happy Thanksgiving!! I have a question on scents..has anybody ever added vegetable oil to hot plastic? I have a fish formula and was wondering if I could simmer it in vegetable oil And then add the oil to my plastic while it's in liquid form

They don't make scent like I want to make..I have been soaking my baits in this concoction I make and makes anything I ever tried or used a waste of time..lol..fish grab it instantly!! And even if I sting them they immediately return for it..I just wanted to put it in the bait..I had a buddy field test the scent..LOL..he soaked a gummy worm in it..and caught 2 largemouth bass on them in a half hour..3 lb plus..just a little hint to you guys..Freshwater fish LOVE seafood!!!!

There was a link or two online suggesting that most sents are not perceived much by fish only humans.. Which would make sense.oil and water don't mix..power bait uses thick water soluable dents that do dissolve..even so I somewhere read that fish are able to detect oxidize and aged materials,such that your home brew extract no doubt is superior to Shelf stuff,but it may not age well..also at heat temps of plastics most organic compounds will be damaged and break down..applying to outside of plastic won't penetrate..with powerbait the plastic is different and will absorb... In your Candi excersise,it would absorb...(I've tried same with good results))... Also there is a online reference to boiling shrimp powder to make axtract.

ok, we have visited this topic before, but always interested, what board has to say...what is the best scents. not a list of all manufacturers. does anyone feel one sent is beter from one maker than another. my feeleings are that many i have tried produce no difference in reaction. on this topic i will add, that i used to fish with an amature angler on river. he would take one big jig stick between his crack for a bit,..yes not typo, his butt crack. hook on, toss out in middle, lay back and would get one small flathead catfish almost every evening... i dont fully know how or why this works for him. i have tried same expermient and never had one. yet he continues to get good results.  i suppose one crack is better than another...we were fishing walleyes with white twisters and getting them, he just has to be different.